IT Security Specialist
We live in a moment of remarkable change and opportunity and IBM is looking for exceptionally motivated individuals like you to help. The convergence of data and technology in the areas of cloud, cognitive, digital, social, and mobile is transforming industries, societies, and professions. IBM Security is part of this transformation and just the place to define your career within Security Services. Cybersecurity is one of the most critical issues of our generation. No other company has the powerful combination of talent, industry-leading security technology, global reach and cognitive capabilities, powered by Watson, to combat the cybersecurity threats.
IBM is leading the way in the Information Security space and our Managed Security Services Delivery team is looking to expand and onboard an IT Security Specialist to join our 24x7 Security Operations Center.
As a Security Services Specialist you will apply your cybersecurity knowledge and skills to defend our clients from increasingly complex and persistent cyber threats using our advanced and industry leading security tools and products, best practices and following robust security operations processes and procedures.
Working with a team of security professionals in a 24x7x365 shift rotation, you will be involved in security events analysis and triage, device health and availability management, security and service-level reporting, and other security administration activities.
What do we look for in a successful IBM Security Services Specialist?
- Work experience through internships, project work, hands-on lab experience in a cyber-related role (security engineering/ software development/ block chain/ encryption solutions, etc.) or working in a SOC.
- Familiarity with network design, network security, authentication, authorization techniques, and encryption protocols and standards.
- Foundation in technical knowledge of security engineering, computer and network security, authentication, security protocols and applied cryptography.
- Experience or knowledge of security technologies and processes such as log analysis, threat modeling, anomaly detection, penetration testing, data loss prevention (DLP), intrusion detection systems (IDS), Firewalls, UTMs, Vulnerability Management Systems (VMS), WAF, Endpoint protection, MFA, PGP, Email and Web security & SIEM Solutions.
- Ability to use well known security assessment tools and other security resources to aid in security event analysis and closure.
- Ability to translate security requirements into business solutions
- Ability to analyze anomalies in security monitoring tools, and work with team in identification, investigation, and resolution of security events and incidents
- Perform assigned activities in a shift rotation (12 hours). Shifts could be in the day or night period, weekdays, weekends and holidays. Some on-call availability may also be required.
Core Specialist Skills:
- Demonstrated communication (written and verbal) and presentation skills
- Ability to work easily with diverse and dynamic teams
- Ability to absorb professional knowledge quickly and develop skills
- Must be able to draw upon professional concepts to collaborate with others to carry out assigned duties
- Challenge the validity of given procedures and processes with the intent to enhance and improve
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- English Fluent (verbal and written)
- Canadian Security Level 2 Secret Cleared
- Experience or knowledge gained through courses and labs in security event analysis and triage in a Managed Security Services or IT Security related work environment.
- Experience or knowledge gained through courses and labs in one or more areas: using and administration of security tools and products such as SIEM, UTM, NGFW, DLP, WAF, VMS, EPP, MFA, content security, log analysis, malware protection, etc.
- Note: This role requires an individual flexible for 24x7x365 shift rotation (including 12 hour shift requirement)
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
- At least 1-2 years' experience in security event analysis and triage in Managed Security Services or working in an IT Security office within a company.
- At least 1-2 years' experience in one or more areas: using and administration of security tools and products such as SIEM, UTM, NGFW, DLP, WAF, VMS, EPP, MFA, content security, log analysis, malware protection, etc.
- Experience or knowledge gained through courses and labs in using other security assessment tools and resources such as Nessus, Nmap, Wireshark, Metasploit, Snort, Netcat, etc.
- Industry recognized security certifications. This can include security related such as CISSP, CEH, Security+, etc.) or vendor specific (product) certifications (Eg. CCSP, JNCIS-FWV, etc.).
- Sound understanding of networking concepts
- Experience using Linux-based systems
- Basic knowledge and understanding of Databases
- Language: Bilingual (English & French)
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.