IT Analyst - Coop (Saint John or Florenceville, NB)
Change the world at IBM. There aren’t many companies who can say they have been an integral part of the global business landscape for more than a century. While the world has changed considerably over the past 100 years, IBM, our people and our offerings have continuously led the way with business and technology innovation.
Today, we are more than a hardware, software and services provider, yet we remain true to our heritage as a team of collaborative forward-thinkers, focused on making business and society work better. We are part of the fabric of everyday life and stand for world-changing progress.
Join a company where you can make an impact and literally change the world. With so many different opportunities available – the sky is the limit!
*This Student Position resides in Saint John or Florenceville NB and is either a 4 to 8 (co-op) work term commencing May 2018. It ismandatory that all applicants are enrolled in full-time studies at a post-secondary institution and returning to full-time studies upon completion of the work term.
What IBM Offers You?
- Work directly on product and services that affect our clients, while having access to cutting edge software technology
- Work on projects which are challenging, innovative and rewarding
- A business casual dress code and flexible work hours, to ensure work-life balance
- Access to the Future Blue Community - IBM’s large student community that provides networking opportunities, sporting and social events.
It is a mandatory requirement for students to apply online atwww.ibm.com/jobs .
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
The following job responsibilities for:
System Administrator Windows (1 position),
System Administrator Unix (1 position),
Deskside Technician (1 position),
Deskside Technician (1 position),
Mainframe Administrator (1 position),
Automation Developer (1 position)
We are seeking 6 innovative students looking for a challenging coop semester in an exciting and high paced environment. Your role will be system administration on state-of-the-art Windows, Unix/Linux, Deskside and/or developing systems that support many commercial clients. As a systems administrator, you will contribute to the support, implementation, test, deployment and security readiness of for a variety of our enterprise level environments. Tasks vary from preparing documentation for audit-readiness, monitor and close of on security compliance items and/or developing some scripts to automate basic tasks. Candidates should be highly motivated, enthusiastic, and able to work under minimal guidance with demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills. The candidate should be fluent in both English and French and see this as an investment opportunity for future full-time employment after successful graduation.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Experience with Windows, Linux/UNIX operating systems, networking, scripting and Java development
- Demonstrates verbal and written communications skills (both in French and in English)
- Co-op or internship program enrollment is mandatory
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
- Knowledge of IBM products (including database, Oracle/DB2, and middleware WebSphere).
- Previous support experience in system administration
- Experience with various programming languages
- Understanding of software engineering
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.