IoT & AI Developer - Coop (Toronto, ON)
Change the world at IBM.
There aren't many companies who can say they have been an integral part of the global business landscape for more than a century. While the world has changed considerably over the past 100 years, IBM, our people and our offerings have continuously led the way with business and technology innovation.
Today, we are more than a hardware, software and services provider, yet we remain true to our heritage as a team of collaborative forward-thinkers, focused on making business and society work better. We are part of the fabric of everyday life and stand for world-changing progress.
Join a company where you can make an impact and literally change the world. With so many different opportunities available – the sky is the limit!
*This position resides in Toronto, Ontario and is a 4- month work term commencing May 2019. It is mandatory that all applicants are enrolled in full-time studies at a post-secondary institution and returning to full-time studies upon completion of the work term.
What IBM Offers You?
- Work directly on product and services that affect our clients, while having access to cutting edge software technology
- Work on projects which are challenging, innovative and rewarding
- A business casual dress code and flexible work hours, to ensure work-life balance
- Access to the Future Blue Community - IBM's large student community that provides networking opportunities, sporting and social events.
It is a mandatory requirement for students to apply online at www.ibm.com/jobs including a (1) cover letter, (2) resume, and (3) official or unofficial transcripts.
By 2020, there will be 30 Billion connected devices and IoT will generate 40% of all data. Beyond connectivity, IoT value will be driven by a revolution in Artificial intelligence—delivered through advanced analytics and cognitive capabilities.
IBM Watson IoT team is a global leader in helping clients re-invent their businesses with IoT by enhancing efficiencies in manufacturing, operation, asset optimization, financial services, and supply chain management. Visit our website to get an overview of the IBM Watson IoT Platform and solutions, https://www.ibm.com/internet-of-things/
IBM Watson IoT platform is an industry leading cloud solution that allows you to:
- Connect and manage IoT devices, networks and gateways
- Integrating IoT data with structured and unstructured data from other sources
- Gaining insights from information using real-time, predictive and cognitive analytics
- Secure IoT data with Blockchain
- Develop custom machine learning algorithms using both IBM Watson and open source Deep Learning, CNN, and Computer Vision software
- Deploy embedded computing and edge analytics to IoT systems
We are looking for developers that can work in one or multiple roles as below:
IoT Platform / Full Stack Developer?xml:namespace prefix = "o" /
>?xml:namespace prefix = "o" /
>?xml:namespace prefix = "o" /
- Experience with cloud platforms development environments including AwS, Bluemix and Azure
- Understanding of API specs and knowledge of how to create and integrate with REST services using NodeJS, ExpressJS, Sails.js, Java, etc
- Experience with SQL and noSQL databases. Big data (Hadoop, Spark) platform is a plus
- Comp Eng, Comp Sci students with strong API and web development skills
- AI / Machine Learning Developer
- Hands-on experience with fast prototyping using public libraries and APIs for Machine Learning or Deep Learning
- Frameworks such as caffe, chainer, tensorflow, synaptic, eblearn, torch, shark, etc…
- Comp Eng, Comp Sci students with strong Math and programming skills
- Embedded Systems Developer
- Understanding of IoT hardware, sensors, gateway, network, etc
- Capable of interfacing with sensors, gateways, and transceivers using embedded stack protocols and edge computing
- Programming skills with C, c++, python, JS, Java, etc
- Comp eng, Electrical eng, Mechanical eng, Systems Eng, Nanotech eng, Mechatronic eng
- Are you eager to harness the IoT potential by collecting and securing data to gain real time actionable insight and implement AI solutions? Are you that person who sees opportunity everywhere for digital technology to improve experiences? Can you collaborate and push the envelope to design, develop and implement leading applications for our clients? We want your skills and experience. Bring us your work portfolio and let's talk!
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Minimum of two co-op work terms in a development role
- Co-op or internship program enrollment is mandatory
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.