Intern Conversion - Technical Solution Specialist - IBM Summit 2020
At IBM, work is more than a job - it's a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you've never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world's most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.
Your Role and Responsibilities
The IBM North America Global Markets team is seeking highly talented individuals to fill consultative, client-focused, technical roles.
At IBM, we're motivated by more than just selling solutions. We want our clients to succeed. Our clients have the future in mind, and your job is to help them get there. As part of IBM's sales team, you will work with clients as they transform organizations and entire industries. As an IBMer, you will have access to the entire organization to develop creative ideas that help clients build the world they envision.
Our Technical Solution Specialists are guided by IBM's purpose – To Be Essential.
Join a company where you can do your best work!
You will actively:
- Engage clients to develop trust, credibility and develop long-term relationships
- Help clients grow their businesses by solving strategic, technical and tactical business problems with IBM's proven cognitive and cloud technology solutions
- Partner with clients and demonstrate your technical expertise to assist your sales counterparts and maintain client satisfaction
- Deliver industry-centric technology solutions to clients of all sizes and markets
- Work in a changing environment where no two days are ever the same
- Work with the client account team and drive revenue through in-depth, complex technical demonstrations, designing solutions, technical evaluations, and/or proof-of-concepts
- Be ready to interact with a variety of other smart and highly motivated people daily
- Please note: this is not a coding, development or extensive hands-on role. This role will involve technical consulting with clients, helping them design technical solutions.
- This position requires a real passion for client success, sales achievement, and daily collaboration with clients and other IBM teammates. You may work as a Technical Seller in any of the following business units: Analytics, Cloud, Internet of Things, Security, Services, Systems Hardware, Watson Customer Engagement. You may work as a Client Technical Leader in our Enterprise or Industry teams.
During the nine-month development program, we provide extraordinary technology, industry solution training, shadowing opportunities and consultative sales training through a combination of classroom and online resources, hands-on field experiences, and structured mentorship. We will equip you with the knowledge and skills needed to match the technical capabilities of IBM offerings to client requirements and help you grow as a leader.
We are currently hiring for the July 2020 cohorts.
Training requires 25% travel.
This role may be for you if you show a proven track record of accomplishment in:
- Conversant, knowledgeable and passionate about technology, trends and how technology is being applied to address business challenges
- Aptitude to learn and use innovative selling technologies (e.g., analytics, social media) to network, engage clients, identify new business opportunities, and translate business requirements into technology solutions
- Team collaboration and leadership
- Experience demonstrating business insight for long-lasting client relationships and results
- Motivation to accomplish sales and business objectives
- Professional verbal, written, and interpersonal skills
- Empathy and skills to achieve high levels of customer satisfaction
If you would like additional information about the Summit Program, please visit: http://www-03.ibm.com/employment/summit
Required Professional and Technical Expertise
- Bachelor's or Master's Degree in Computer Science, Data Science, Computer Engineering, Analytics, Electrical Engineering, Information Technology or equivalent
- English: Fluent
Preferred Professional and Technical Expertise
- Prior work experience in client technical sales or service preferred (up to 5 years)
- Programming coursework or experience is a plus
- Readiness to travel up to 25% annually
About Business Unit
IBM has a global presence, operating in more than 175 countries with a broad-based geographic distribution of revenue. The company's Global Markets organization is a strategic sales business unit that manages IBM's global footprint, working closely with dedicated country-based operating units to serve clients locally. These country teams have client relationship managers who lead integrated teams of consultants, solution specialists and delivery professionals to enable clients' growth and innovation. By complementing local expertise with global experience and digital capabilities, IBM builds deep and broad-based client relationships. This local management focus fosters speed in supporting clients, addressing new markets and making investments in emerging opportunities. Additionally, the Global Markets organization serves clients with expertise in their industry as well as through the products and services that IBM and partners supply. IBM is also expanding its reach to new and existing clients through digital marketplaces.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you're looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM's greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
This role will involve working with technology that is covered by Export Regulations sanctions. If you are a Foreign National from any of the following US sanctioned countries (Cuba, Iran, North Korea, Sudan, and Syria) on a work permit, you are not eligible for employment in this position.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.