Intern Conversion - Solutions Sales - IBM Summit 2021
At IBM, work is more than a job - it's a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you've never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world's most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.
Your Role and Responsibilities
The IBM North America Global Markets team is seeking highly talented individuals to fill a consultative, client-focused, relationship role. This position requires a real passion for client success, sales achievement, and daily collaboration with clients and other IBM teammates.
IBM offers an industry leading full-time training program for new grads and early career professionals. If you’re ready to take your sales career to the next level, you may be ready for the Summit Program and a rewarding sales career at IBM!
Summit Sales Program
The Summit Program is a six-month development program where we provide extraordinary sales, technology, and industry solution training through a combination of classroom and online resources, hands-on field experiences, and structured mentorship. We will equip you with the knowledge and skills needed to make an immediate impact and achieve individual growth as a leader.
After completing your 6 months of Summit training, you will continue to develop your skills over the next 6 months “on the job” working with a job role mentor, engaging with clients and gaining deeper skills aligned to your business unit, offerings and territories. IBM is investing in one year of sales training and is committed to your success.
This role may be for you if you show a proven track record of accomplishment in:
- Aptitude to learn and use innovative selling technologies (e.g., analytics, social media) to network, engage clients, identify new business opportunities, and translate business requirements into technology solutions
- Conversant and knowledgeable about technology, trends and how technology is being applied to address business challenges
- Team collaboration and leadership
- Experience demonstrating business insight for long-lasting client relationships and results
- Motivation to accomplish sales and business objectives
- Professional verbal, written, and interpersonal skills
- Empathy and skills to achieve high levels of customer satisfaction
We offer Summit opportunities in one of 8 metro regions: Markham ON, Toronto ON, Ottawa ON, Montreal QC, Calgary AB, Edmonton AB, Winnipeg MB, Vancouver BC.
We are currently hiring for the January and July 2021 cohorts.
Training period requires 30% travel.
All applicants must have the required work authorization to be able to travel to the US, and must have a valid driver’s license.
For additional information about the Summit Program, please visit: http://www-03.ibm.com/employment/summit/
Sales Roles at IBM
At IBM, we’re motivated by more than just selling solutions. We want our clients to succeed. As part of IBM’s sales team, you will work with clients as they advance their digital transformation. As an IBMer, you will have access to the entire organization to develop creative ideas that help clients build the world they envision.
After your first year, you transition to a full sales plan and continue working with clients and building a successful sales career. You may work in one of the following business units: Analytics, Cloud, Cognitive/Artificial Intelligence, Internet of Things, Cyber Security, Technology Services, Systems Hardware, Global Finance or Digital Sales. You may also work as a Client Relationship Seller in our Commercial, Enterprise or Industry teams.
In a Sales role you will actively:
- Engage clients to develop trust, credibility and develop long-term relationships
- Help clients of all sizes and markets grow their businesses by understanding their business problems and trends in their industry. Help them solve strategic and tactical business problems with IBM’s proven cognitive and cloud technology solutions
- Demonstrate consultative sales techniques, technology solution knowledge and industry expertise to influence client decisions, add new value and meet immediate and long-term business requirements
- Engage client decision makers to drive alignment and consensus on IBM solutions via social, phone or in-person interactions
- Identify potential new buyers and solution opportunities within the client organizations using IBM tools and social media resources
- Negotiate and close deals by understanding, building, and delivering client value propositions
- Develop and execute long-term consultative sales strategies to grow current clients and generate new business opportunities
- Collaborate with IBM sales, technical, executive, product development, financial, and other support resources to deliver extraordinary client engagements
- Continuously maintain and grow skills and knowledge in consultative sales, technical solutions and industry applications, applying expertise to demonstrate IBM’s thought leadership during client engagements
- Readiness to travel up to 25% annually
Joining IBM is about more than joining a company, you are joining a community. IBM embodies a culture of openness, collaboration, trust, and the invitation and expectation to have a voice.
At IBM we are also focused on helping communities take on challenges big and small. IBM brings the power of its technology, resources, and people to help with initiatives around the world, from education to health to resilience. As an IBMer, you would have opportunities to give back to your local community and make a difference through various programs.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Business, Communications, International Relations, Management Information Systems (MIS) or equivalent.
- Must be able to travel to the US during your first week at IBM and up to 25% during Summit training
- Valid Driver’s license
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Prior work experience in client B2B sales in the technology industry (up to 5 years)
- Programming coursework or experience
About Business Unit
IBM has a global presence, operating in more than 175 countries with a broad-based geographic distribution of revenue. The company’s Global Markets organization is a strategic sales business unit that manages IBM’s global footprint, working closely with dedicated country-based operating units to serve clients locally. These country teams have client relationship managers who lead integrated teams of consultants, solution specialists and delivery professionals to enable clients’ growth and innovation. By complementing local expertise with global experience and digital capabilities, IBM builds deep and broad-based client relationships. This local management focus fosters speed in supporting clients, addressing new markets and making investments in emerging opportunities. Additionally, the Global Markets organization serves clients with expertise in their industry as well as through the products and services that IBM and partners supply. IBM is also expanding its reach to new and existing clients through digital marketplaces.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you’re looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.