Information Developer - Internship (Markham, ON)
Change the world at IBM. There aren’t many companies who can say they have been an integral part of the global business landscape for more than a century. While the world has changed considerably over the past 100 years, IBM, our people and our offerings have continuously led the way with business and technology innovation.
Today, we are more than a hardware, software and services provider, yet we remain true to our heritage as a team of collaborative forward-thinkers, focused on making business and society work better. We are part of the fabric of everyday life and stand for world-changing progress.
Join a company where you can make an impact and literally change the world. With so many different opportunities available – the sky is the limit!
*This position resides in Markham, Ontario and is a 16-month work term commencing May 2018. It is mandatory that all applicants are enrolled in full-time studies at a post-secondary institution and returning to full-time studies upon completion of the work term.
What IBM Offers You?
- Work directly on product and services that affect our clients, while having access to cutting edge software technology
- Work on projects which are challenging, innovative and rewarding
- A business casual dress code and flexible work hours, to ensure work-life balance
- Access to the Future Blue Community - IBM’s large student community that provides networking opportunities, sporting and social events.
It is a mandatory requirement for students to apply online atwww.ibm.com/jobs .
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
IBM Spectrum Computing has an opening for an information developer (ID) working with the IBM Spectrum LSF Family of software products.
This position has the following responsibilities:
- Create new documentation and revise existing documentation using plans created by senior ID staff.
- Proofread and copyedit content.
- Use functional specifications and other source material, as well as interviews with software developers and other internal sources, to obtain needed information.
- Solicit review input to ensure the technical accuracy and quality of the content produced.
- Install and use IBM Spectrum LSF Family products, test procedural and reference documentation and examples.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Co-op or internship program enrollment is mandatory
- Proven technical writing and editing skills
- Knowledge of command line interfaces (UNIX or Linux) and Windows
- Knowledge of XML structured authoring tools (for example, Oxygen XML Editor or equivalent)
- Knowledge of DITA XML and content management systems
- Proven interpersonal and communication skills
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
- Working knowledge of technical documentation development in a software organization
- Understanding of software and software development concepts
- Ability to work with a global team
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.