IIDR Software Developer & Support - Internship (Markham, ON)
Change the world at IBM.
There aren't many companies who can say they have been an integral part of the global business landscape for more than a century. While the world has changed considerably over the past 100 years, IBM, our people and our offerings have continuously led the way with business and technology innovation.
Today, we are more than a hardware, software and services provider, yet we remain true to our heritage as a team of collaborative forward-thinkers, focused on making business and society work better. We are part of the fabric of everyday life and stand for world-changing progress.
Join a company where you can make an impact and literally change the world. With so many different opportunities available – the sky is the limit!
*This position resides in Markham, Ontario and is a 16 (internship) month work term commencing January 2019. It is mandatory that all applicants are enrolled in full-time studies at a post-secondary institution and returning to full-time studies upon completion of the work term.
What IBM Offers You?
- Work directly on product and services that affect our clients, while having access to cutting edge software technology
- Work on projects which are challenging, innovative and rewarding
- A business casual dress code and flexible work hours, to ensure work-life balance
- Access to the Future Blue Community - IBM's large student community that provides networking opportunities, sporting and social events.
It is a mandatory requirement for students to apply online at www.ibm.com/jobs
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
IBM InfoSphere Data Replication "IIDR" is a real-time change data capture and replication solution developed and deployed across most major operating systems, databases, cloud and distributed messaging platforms. Hone your expertise alongside fellow talented professionals, where you'll develop some of the most exciting software solutions on the market.
The candidate will use the latest tools and technologies available to deliver state-of-the-art software. Your goal will be the development and support of scalable and reliable solutions that will allow customers to synchronize data between systems in near real time. Products are developed in an agile and dynamic continuous delivery environment by specialists in database and replication technologies. Candidates will be responsible for ensuring that software components are expertly designed, tested, debugged, verified, and ready for integration into IBM's best-of-breed analytics solutions.
This role will involve working with technology that is covered by embargo Export Regulations. If you are a Foreign National from any of the following embargoed countries (Cuba, Iran, North Korea, Sudan, and Syria) on a work permit, you are not eligible for employment in this position.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Co-op or internship program enrollment is mandatory
- Developing new product features
- Creating automated testing scenarios utilizing Java and other technologies
- Interacting with IBM support and customers to diagnose and address product issues
- Proven verbal and written communications skills
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
- Practical experience with Java and/or C/C++ programming languages
- Experience with Windows and UNIX/Linux operating systems
- Experience applying object oriented design and methodologies
- Results focused attitude
- Proven problem-solving skills
- Self-motivation and willingness to learn
- Demonstrated knowledge of the software engineering and development cycles
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.