IIDR Software Developer & Support - Internship (Markham, ON)
Change the world at IBM. There aren’t many companies who can say they have been an integral part of the global business landscape for more than a century. While the world has changed considerably over the past 100 years, IBM, our people and our offerings have continuously led the way with business and technology innovation.
Today, we are more than a hardware, software and services provider, yet we remain true to our heritage as a team of collaborative forward-thinkers, focused on making business and society work better. We are part of the fabric of everyday life and stand for world-changing progress.
Join a company where you can make an impact and literally change the world. With so many different opportunities available – the sky is the limit!
*This position resides in Fredericton, New Brunswick and is a 4 or 8 (co-op) month work term commencing September 2018. It is mandatory that all applicants are enrolled in full-time studies at a post-secondary institution and returning to full-time studies upon completion of the work term.
What IBM Offers You?
- Work directly on product and services that affect our clients, while having access to cutting edge software technology
- Work on projects which are challenging, innovative and rewarding
- A business casual dress code and flexible work hours, to ensure work-life balance
- Access to the Future Blue Community - IBM’s large student community that provides networking opportunities, sporting and social events.
It is a mandatory requirement for students to apply online at www.ibm.com/jobs
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
IBM is a globally integrated technology and consulting company headquartered in Armonk, New York. With operations in more than 170 countries, IBM attracts and retains some of the world's most talented people to help solve problems and provide an edge for businesses, governments and non-profits.
Today, IBM is focused on five growth initiatives - Cloud, Big Data and Analytics, Mobile, Social Business and Security. IBMers are working with customers around the world to apply the company's business consulting, technology and Research & Development expertise to enable systems of engagement that deliver dynamic insights for businesses and governments worldwide.
The following student position is a part of IBM Canada's EPIC (Employment Pathways to Interns & Co-ops) Student Program. This position is only open to students registered in a Canadian University or College program, who have completed a minimum of 2 years of their degree or diploma program, and who must be returning to full-time study upon the completion of the temporary IBM work term.
Main Responsibilities for Security Software Engineer co-op include:
- Track, validate, and document product and 3rd party vulnerabilities.
- Implement secure engineering initiatives
- Assist with code and web scanning automation/reporting.
- Assist with Product Management compliance certifications.
- Develop and maintain security content.
- Resolve security defects.
- Develop remediation plans.
- Participate in penetration testing.
- Create security bulletins
The Security Intelligence (QRadar) Product Security team is seeking a highly motivated individual to complete a work term as security engineer/analyst. The Security Team is responsible for identifying and resolving all SI product security issues arising from development, content, vulnerabilities, and penetration testing. To fulfill this role we are seeking a mature, ambitious, and creative individual to join our team.
This role will involve working with technology that is covered by embargo Export Regulations. If you are a Foreign National from any of the following embargoed countries (Cuba, Iran, North Korea, Sudan, Syria) on a work permit you are not eligible for employment in this position.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Co-op or internship program enrollment is mandatory
- Successful completion of 2 years Computer Engineering/Software Engineering
- Experienced with Linux environments
- Software development experience
- Willingness to learn
- Ability to work in team environment
- Ability to complete tasks without supervision
- Positive attitude
- Client focused
- Proven oral and written communication skills
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
- Knowledge of the software development cycle
- Knowledge of quality assurance processes
- Knowledge of secure engineering best practices
- Experience with Python & Java
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.