IBM Watson Digital Advisor - Internship (Ottawa, ON)
Change the world at IBM. There aren’t many companies who can say they have been an integral part of the global business landscape for more than a century. While the world has changed considerably over the past 100 years, IBM, our people and our offerings have continuously led the way with business and technology innovation.
Today, we are more than a hardware, software and services provider, yet we remain true to our heritage as a team of collaborative forward-thinkers, focused on making business and society work better. We are part of the fabric of everyday life and stand for world-changing progress.
Join a company where you can make an impact and literally change the world. With so many different opportunities available – the sky is the limit!
*This Student Position resides in Ottawa, Ontario and is a 12 or 16 (Internship) month work term commencing in May 2018. It ismandatory that all applicants are enrolled in full-time studies at a post-secondary institution and returning to full-time studies upon completion of the work term.
What IBM Offers You?
- Work directly on products and services that affect our clients, while having access to cutting edge software technology
- Work on projects which are challenging and rewarding
- A business causal dress code and flexible work hours, to ensure work-life balance
- Access to Future Blue - IBM’s large student community that provides networking opportunities, sporting and social events.
It is a mandatory requirement for students to apply online atwww.ibm.com/jobs .
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
The following are the job responsibilities for the IBM Watson Digital Advisor.
The IBM Support Transformation team is looking for someone who wants to help advance the use of live chat on our new support experience -ibm.com/mysupport. As clients make the transition from our legacy systems, IBM wants to provide them a chat (concierge service) when they have a question on how to do something like locate a case, perform a search and open a case. This person would be logged into our agent console on the Salesforce Platform in the OmniChannel waiting for chats requests from clients. If there are no chats to take the agent may be asked to work a queue of similar questions/problems that were submitted electronically and communicate with the client electronically. The agent will also work with IBM's Watson technology to teach it and help it learn so many of the questions clients ask can we answered by Watson.
- Ability to troubleshoot and analyze problems (Critical thinking)
- Ability to chat in real time with clients
- Chat with more than one client at the same time
- Excellent English skills
- Excellent soft skills
- Ability to listen
- Display empathy to client
- Good listener
- Familiarity with Salesforce Service Cloud would be preferred but not necessary
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- You possess proven oral and written communication skills and are able to work effectively both individually and with others.
- Outstanding organizational and time management skills as well as the ability to work in a team environment are essential.
- The ability to have fun and work hard is considered a key asset.
- Coop or internship program enrollment is mandatory.
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
- Experience in a client facing role
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.