IBM Security Application Developer - Internship (Markham, ON)
Change the world at IBM. There aren’t many companies who can say they have been an integral part of the global business landscape for more than a century. While the world has changed considerably over the past 100 years, IBM, our people and our offerings have continuously led the way with business and technology innovation.
Today, we are more than a hardware, software and services provider, yet we remain true to our heritage as a team of collaborative forward-thinkers, focused on making business and society work better. We are part of the fabric of everyday life and stand for world-changing progress.
Join a company where you can make an impact and literally change the world. With so many different opportunities available – the sky is the limit!
*This position resides in Markham, Ontario and is a 16 (internship)month work term commencing May, 2018. It is mandatory that all applicants are enrolled in full-time studies at a post-secondary institution and returning to full-time studies upon completion of the work term.
What IBM Offers You?
- Work directly on product and services that affect our clients, while having access to cutting edge software technology
- Work on projects which are challenging, innovative and rewarding
- A business casual dress code and flexible work hours, to ensure work-life balance
- Access to the Future Blue Community - IBM’s large student community that provides networking opportunities, sporting and social events.
It is a mandatory requirement for students to apply online atwww.ibm.com/jobs including a (1) cover letter, (2) resume, and (3) official or unofficial transcripts.
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
In an ever increasingly connected world where the amount of data generated every day is exploding and systems are being built on the cloud, businesses are struggling to maintain their corporate security perimeter. The IBM Security development team works on leading edge products and solutions to help organizations make sound decisions to ensure regulatory compliance and improve their corporate security. The research and development in this area is critical to IBM and represents a huge opportunity for growth in terms of revenue uplift and technology advancement.
Our Developers participate in all aspects of software development, from inception and design through code implementation and delivery, contribute to and learn about all technologies utilized by the product across the different tiers and work closely with senior technical team members on high-level architecture and designs. As a Security Application Developer, you will be an integral part of the team responsible for managing aspects of our Automated Continuous Delivery system using familiar tools like Jenkins and Urban Code. Your responsibilities will include designing and implementing new innovative and automated ways to ensuring the robustness and quality of our solutions, expanding existing test scenarios to cover new functionality and investigating failures in test runs.
Additional responsibilities may include implementing new features and capabilities for our security solutions as a full stack web developer. You will work on a self-managing Agile team that cultivates creativity and challenges the status quo. Candidates for this role should have an interest in learning and writing code in a variety of programming languages and/or different platforms, possess an innovative mindset and passion to push limits on finding new and inventive ways to work. Curiosity is a must!
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Proven experience with scripting languages
- Proven experience investigating and debugging software failures
- Proven experience applying object oriented design and methodologies.
- Strong communication skills and able to convey ideas and opinions to others.
- Knowledge of the software development cycle
- Co-op or internship program enrollment is mandatory
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
- Experience in enterprise-related development (multi-threading, scalability, performance)
- Experience with web development and understanding of cloud architecture.
- Familiar using Node.js for server development
- Familiar using front-end development frameworks for web development (e.g. AngularJS)
- Familiarity with NoSQL database platforms
- Familiarity with continuous delivery and continuous integration
- Familiarity with internet protocols and architectures
- Knowledge of application security concepts
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.