IBM Cloud UI/UX developer - Co-Op (Ottawa, ON)
Change the world at IBM. There aren’t many companies who can say they have been an integral part of the global business landscape for more than a century. While the world has changed considerably over the past 100 years, IBM, our people and our offerings have continuously led the way with business and technology innovation.
Today, we are more than a hardware, software and services provider, yet we remain true to our heritage as a team of collaborative forward-thinkers, focused on making business and society work better. We are part of the fabric of everyday life and stand for world-changing progress.
Join a company where you can make an impact and literally change the world. With so many different opportunities available – the sky is the limit!
*This Student Position resides in Ottawa, Ontario and is a 4 or 8 (co-op) month work term commencing May 2018. It is mandatory that all applicants are enrolled in full-time studies at a post-secondary institution and returning to full-time studies upon completion of the work term.
What IBM Offers You?
- Work directly on product and services that affect our clients, while having access to cutting edge software technology
- Work on projects which are challenging and rewarding
- A business casual dress code and flexible work hours, to ensure work-life balance
- Access to Future Blue - IBM’s large student community that provides networking opportunities, sporting and social events.
It is a mandatory requirement for students to apply online atwww.ibm.com/jobs .
The following job responsibilities for IBM Cloud UI/UX developer include:
We are looking for students to help us build the next generation of awesomeness into the IBM Cloud Platform. The ideal candidate should have confidence as a front-end developer, comfort in working with design and engineering in an iterative model to improve the user experience. The successful candidate will work with many squads across IBM Cloud to improve our customer experience. You will also participate in broader development community activities (hackathons).
- Building new IBM Cloud user experiences and simplifying common tasks
- Ensuring automated testing and security needs are addressed
- Working with Analytics team to ensure we learn from every user experience
- Participating in building common UI components and libraries
- As required or desired, participate in open source development initiative
This role will involve working with technology that is covered by embargo Export Regulations. If you are a Foreign National from any of the following embargoed countries (Cuba, Iran, North Korea, Sudan, Syria) on a work permit you are not eligible for employment in this position.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Experience/Enthusiasm in UI/UX development using JS/CSS/HTML and related frameworks such as React, Redux, Angular, etc.
- Experience/Enthusiasm in coding REST APIs using JSON
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
- Experience in data driven UX design and analytics
- Experience in UI Test Automation technologies such as Nightwatch.js, Selenium, Sauce Labs, etc.
- Experience in Identity and Access Management concepts and technologies
- Familiarity with agile development and good coding practices (unit tests, code reviews, etc.)
- Exposure to open source communities surrounding Cloud technologies (e.g. openwhisk)
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.