IBM Cloud Platform Project - Coop (Markham, ON)
Change the world at IBM.
There aren't many companies who can say they have been an integral part of the global business landscape for more than a century. While the world has changed considerably over the past 100 years, IBM, our people and our offerings have continuously led the way with business and technology innovation.
Today, we are more than a hardware, software and services provider, yet we remain true to our heritage as a team of collaborative forward-thinkers, focused on making business and society work better. We are part of the fabric of everyday life and stand for world-changing progress.
Join a company where you can make an impact and literally change the world. With so many different opportunities available – the sky is the limit!
*This position resides in Markham, Ontario and is a 4-month work term commencing January 2019. It is mandatory that all applicants are enrolled in full-time studies at a post-secondary institution and returning to full-time studies upon completion of the work term.
What IBM Offers You?
- Work directly on product and services that affect our clients, while having access to cutting edge software technology
- Work on projects which are challenging, innovative and rewarding
- A business casual dress code and flexible work hours, to ensure work-life balance
- Access to the Future Blue Community - IBM's large student community that provides networking opportunities, sporting and social events.
It is a mandatory requirement for students to apply online at www.ibm.com/jobs
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
Do you think the world can work smarter? At IBM we're in the business of making the world work better. Come join the Cloud unit and combine the best practices of Design Thinking, Agile Development and Lean Startup to create applications that run on IBM's Cloud Platform.
We are looking for enthusiastic software developers who are passionate about learning, designing and developing applications, solving puzzles and teamwork.
In this role, you will have the opportunity to work on activities such as:
- Developing MVP web or mobile applications. MVP stands for "Minimum Viable Product" – an MVP application is targeted to a specific end-user persona and is designed to prove out a hypothesis.
- Internal tool development
- Use of business analytics to measure organization performance
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Co-op or internship program enrollment is mandatory
- Demonstrated aptitude for learning new technologies and problem solving
- Strong teamwork and communication skills. Teaming and collaboration is key!
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
- Cloud development skills with Bluemix or other cloud platforms
- Web (eg. Angular, React.js) or mobile application (eg. iOS, android) development experience
- NoSQL database skills (eg. mongoDB, Cloudant)
- Use of REST APIs
- Basic command line usage on Mac, Linux or Windows
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.