IBM Cloud Orchestrator IT Specialist
Since receiving the Randstad Award for Canada's Most Attractive Employer (ranked #1 in 2015), IBM is expanding its New Brunswick footprint by growing its IT Services Centre.
Through partnership and collaboration, IBM is planting the economic development seeds to help transition New Brunswick into a knowledge worker economy that can positively tackle challenges for the benefit of all Canadians and organizations around the world. Will you join us?
As an IBMer, you can change the way the world works. Join IBM and be part of a diverse and global team of thinkers and doersâ??people who want to make an impact, cultivate their expertise and collaborate with some of the worldâ??s top business and technology professionals. Network in an open, friendly and flexible work environment where diversity is embraced and new, creative ways of thinking are encouraged and supported. There is no better place to launch or further your career.
The IBM Cloud Orchestrator IT Specialist performs a wide range of duties including some of these top responsibilities:
- - Support Cloud Solutions using ICO (IBM Cloud Orchestrator) overall vision
- - Leverage IBM standard server provision processes and using ICO and VMWare to support automation for provisioning and deploying Windows and AIX servers.
- - Support Cloud and Automation initiatives for Canadian accounts by managing the end to end automation cycle for server provisioning.
The role will be based in either Saint John or Florenceville, NB.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise:
- Expert Skills in VMWare, TivSAM (Tivoli Service Automation Manager)
- Proven Tivoli Cloud Orchestrator and ISDM (IBM Service Delivery Management) skills
- Proven Shell scripting skills
- Proven BASH scripting skills to develop pattern and extension
- Experience working in a change control, production environment.
Preferred Technical and Professional Experience:
- Knowledge in virtualized environments
- Knowledge of managed environments
- Knowledge of IBM managed tools
- Knowledge of an end to end build process
- English oral and written communication skills
- A good understanding of IBM Best practices such as IBM Security and Compliance, IPC (Incident/Problem/Change) Management processes.
- Excellent problem determination skills
Legal working status
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.