I&AM Security Specialist
Since receiving the Randstad Award for Canada's Most Attractive Employer (ranked #1 in 2015), IBM is expanding its New Brunswick footprint by growing its IT Services Centre.
Through partnership and collaboration, IBM is planting the economic development seeds to help transition New Brunswick into a knowledge worker economy that can positively tackle challenges for the benefit of all Canadians and organizations around the world. Will you join us?
As an IBMer, you can change the way the world works. Join IBM and be part of a diverse and global team of thinkers and doers—people who want to make an impact, cultivate their expertise and collaborate with some of the world’s top business and technology professionals. Network in an open, friendly and flexible work environment where diversity is embraced and new, creative ways of thinking are encouraged and supported. There is no better place to launch or further your career.
Job Responsibilities – Primary Controls
- Validate server inventory access and report access issues for resolution.
- Proven understanding of ID Admin provisioning
- Extract data into Excel, Access, etc. and format data to prepare for periodic compliance activities.
- Provide requested data for audit requests.
- Responsible for documenting periodic compliance related processes and procedures.
- Engage the tools team to create queries and macros to streamline data collection efforts.
- Drive changes using LEAN methodology aimed at reducing waste, driving uniformity and enhancing job performance.
- Ability to manage several activities at the same time.
- Logical IAM serves as the foundation for controlling the access to Security Inventory where IBM has a contractual obligation to an IBM managed commercial customer or the IBM Global Account (IGA).
- The Logical IAM services are composed of primary and secondary controls:
- Primary controls are preventive and represent the execution of a process. These controls relate to identification, authentication, and authorization, which include provisioning routines, such as adding, modifying, transferring, or deleting IDs, groups, or privileges, password management, revoking or reinstating access.
- Secondary Controls detects failed execution in Primary Controls. These controls include Employment Verification, Continued Business Need Revalidation, Privilege Revalidation, Privilege Authorization Review, and Shared ID Rejustification.
- Reviewing and analyzing requests for completeness
- Contacting user for additional information, if required
- Creating, modifying, deleting, or transferring User IDs and groups and supporting password management
- Granting/removing members to Shared ID access list
- Supporting audit data requests
- Determining correct assignment of request
- Verifying the entitlement of the user
- Determining approvals required
- Ensuring all provisioning tasks are complete
- Updating request and storing evidence/artifacts
- Notifying the user of status
- Updating Shared User ID Inventory
- Ensuring that deviation fix timeframes are met, and if not, initiating escalation within Service Management
- Documenting the disposition (e.g. false positive etc…) of each specified remediation action
- Notifying Perform team when deviations have been remediated (e.g. resolved, determined to be a false positive, issue management process initiated).
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
Ideally 2 years of Identity & Access Management.
Security experience with auditors would be ideal.
MS Office Skills.
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.