Human Resources Partner - Internship (Markham, ON)
Change the world at IBM. There aren’t many companies who can say they have been an integral part of the global business landscape for more than a century. While the world has changed considerably over the past 100 years, IBM, our people and our offerings have continuously led the way with business and technology innovation.
Today, we are more than a hardware, software and services provider, yet we remain true to our heritage as a team of collaborative forward-thinkers, focused on making business and society work better. We are part of the fabric of everyday life and stand for world-changing progress.
Join a company where you can make an impact and literally change the world. With so many different opportunities available – the sky is the limit!
*This position resides in Markham, Ontario and is a 12 (internship)month work term commencing May 2018. It is mandatory that all applicants are enrolled in full-time studies at a post-secondary institution and returning to full-time studies upon completion of the work term.
What IBM Offers You?
- Work directly on product and services that affect our clients, while having access to cutting edge software technology
- Work on projects which are challenging, innovative and rewarding
- A business casual dress code and flexible work hours, to ensure work-life balance
- Access to the Future Blue Community - IBM’s large student community that provides networking opportunities, sporting and social events.
It is a mandatory requirement for students to apply online atwww.ibm.com/jobs including a (1) cover letter, (2) resume, and (3) official or unofficial transcripts.
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
Human Ressources Partner Internship job description:
The Human Resources Partner Internship will support those who fill the role of maintaining client focus by working with and supporting business line management to deliver HR solutions in support of their business objectives and HR Canada strategies. As an intern you will be part of our North America Manager Solutions Center (NA MSC) performing the role of an HR Partner. You will support and work alongside an experienced HR Partner within the NA MSC to support First Line Managers. Essentially the HR Partner is the one face of HR to their management clients and engages HR experts and process owners as needed to support their client.
- Applies conceptual knowledge of basic professional HR processes to execute HR programs and respond to First Line Manager inquiries.
- Demonstrates appropriate HR skills and competencies for this position.
- Works with team members or assists others in advising HR professionals and management on underlying principles of HR programs and HR Policy.
- Engages in decisions and problem analysis with other professionals to clarify their HR needs and translates them into alternative courses of action.
- Recognizes challenges and opportunity for improvement relative to the execution of HR programs and provides feedback to program owners for resolution.
- Performs root cause analysis of recurring problems related to HR programs administered on day to day basis and offers alternatives for resolution.
- Works on projects requiring theoretical understanding of HR issues; projects are reviewed by more senior members of team for increased program understanding and ability to articulate programs and rationale to HR management.
- May directly influence people in own team to effect process improvements.
- Accountable for accuracy of information and data provided to other HR professionals and management on standard HR programs.
- Accountable for accurate and timely execution of HR programs (i.e., salary planning, Performance Management, Checkpoint, benefit enrollments, etc.).
- Performs activities such as data gathering and analysis and report preparation that impact business results and satisfy the needs of other HR professionals.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Experience with Windows
- Demonstrates verbal and written communications skills
- Strong Analytical skills
- Excel, PowerPoint, Word
- Co-op or internship program enrollment is mandatory
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.