Full Stack Developer Coop May 2019 4 - 8 months
START DATE FOR THESE COOPs IS DURING SUMMER - MAY 2019 (4 - 8 months)
At IBM we have an amazing opportunity to transform the world with cognitive technology. By using the vast amounts of information available today to identify new patterns and make new discoveries, we are helping cities become smarter, hospitals transform patient care, financial institutions minimize risk, and pharmaceuticals find cures for rare diseases.
Join the forward-thinking teams at IBM solving some of the world's most complex problems - there is no better place to grow your career! Full Stack Developer Interns:
- Have flexibility to work across architecture - building both front end and backend
- Have knowledge of application and web development in HTML and CSS
- Have knowledge of modern frameworks such as Node.js and Angular.js
- Work in Java to implement server-side or application logic, develop databases, and design architectures
- Have an interest in, understanding of, or experience with Design Thinking Methodology
- Have an interest in, understanding of, or experience with Agile development methodology
Full Stack Software Developer Interns are in demand across IBM's growth areas. You'll be matched and deployed to a development team in a strategic business, based on your offered location and fit. These are office-based positions in IBM locations including:
- Markham, ON
- Ottawa, ON
- Fredericton, NB
Opportunities in all locations will vary based on business demand *cities with limited opportunities What You'll Do:
- You'll work in an Agile, collaborative environment to understand requirements, design, code and test innovative applications, and support those applications for our highly valued customers.
- You'll employ IBM's Design Thinking to create products that provide a great user experience along with high performance, security, quality, and stability.
- You'll have an opportunity to work with a variety of relational databases (SQL, Postgres, DB2, MongoDB), operating systems (Linux, Windows, iOS, Android), and modern UI frameworks (Backbone.js, AngularJS, React, Ember.js, Bootstrap, Node.js, and JQuery).
- Work across the entire system architecture, from backend to front end, to design, develop, and support high quality and scalable products.
- Create everything from mockups and UI components to algorithms and data structures as you deliver a complete minimally viable product.
Who You Are:
- You are highly motivated and have a passion for creating and supporting great products.
- You thrive on collaboration, working side by side with people of all backgrounds and disciplines, and you have very strong verbal and written communication skills.
- You are great at solving problems, debugging, troubleshooting, designing and implementing solutions to complex technical issues.
- You have a basic understanding of software development and programming languages.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
- Willing to travel up to 10%
- Bachelors or Masters Degree
EO Statement IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.