Full Stack Developer
The Analytics Division is seeking a software engineer in Markham, ON to be part of a dynamic team solving difficult problems for clients trying to glean knowledge from data, with a particular emphasis on cloud and big data technologies. The employee will join an existing development team working in an Agile environment. The team is responsible for innovating and developing new capabilities for the Master Data Management product. This includes all aspects of the software development cycle including but not limited to design, test, documentation and supporting existing clients. The J2EE Software Developer will work in a fast paced, collaborative Agile environment and must be able to adapt to evolving requirements. A passion for learning, exploring and innovating new technology into existing enterprise software is a must.
Teams are based at strategic IBM Lab locations and presence on site is required 100% of the time.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Minimum 2 years Java/J2EE experience for developing highly available enterprise applications
- 2 years experience with Oracle, DB2 , Ms SQL Server (nice to have) database servers
- 2 years experience with API development and related tools/technologies like Web Services (SOAP and REST), XML, JSON, Swagger
- 2 years experience with unit testing frameworks, like JUnit
- 1 years experience with open source Big Data technologies/tools like Apache Hadoop, Graph Database, Apache Kafka
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
- 1 year experience with middle-wares like IBM WMQ
- 1 years experience with OSGi, WebSphere Application Server (ND and Liberty), ESB
- 1-2 years experience with cloud-based and big data software development
- 1-2 years experience with continuous delivery and related tools/technologies like Ant, Maven, Jenkins and Nexus
- 1-2 years experience with OS scripting languages like Unix shell
- 1-2 years experience with Agile development
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.