Front End Developer
Do you enjoy crafting beautiful and high performing web applications leveraging the latest front end development methodologies, tools and techniques? Do you have an eye for design and a passion for delivering great user experiences? If you answered YES to any of these questions, then this may be the opportunity for you.
We currently have an opportunity for a Front End Developer to augment our team to help design and implement new capabilities within the Business Analytics family of products. As a result of engineering and design, you will be instrumental in bringing industry-defining software products, cloud services and web applications to users around the world. You will play an integral role in building the next generation of advanced technologies in cloud, mobile, cognitive, big data, analytics and social software.
The successful candidate must have passion and experience for building responsive, elegant and engaging experiences with future friendly web technologies is palpable. They will lead the conversation about the various devices a person will use when engaging with our products; and their skill developing for mobile helps the candidate think about how to tie them together to create experiences. They will be mindful of emergent technologies and tie them into designs. They will collaborate on the overall design, creating prototypes to explore and demonstrate nuanced interaction patterns; which will influence or be the frameworks used for front-end applications.
You must be a fast learner who is willing to learn how to drive customer success and deliver holistic product experiences. The successful candidate will be a highly motivated team player that is up for tackling new and exciting challenges. Teams are based at strategic IBM Lab locations and presence on site is required 100% of the time.
Main Responsibilities for the Front End Developer include:
- Understanding user needs, and exploring user-centered designs
- Specifying, building, testing, deploying, maintaining, and supporting your code
- Leveraging modern tools and techniques to develop clean, efficient, and reusable code
- Identifying and addressing design, development, and delivery performance bottlenecks
- Actively participating in code and design reviews
- Coaching, educating, and advocating front end development best practices
This role will involve working with technology that is covered by embargo Export Regulations. If you are a Foreign National from any of the following embargoed countries (Cuba, Iran, North Korea, Sudan, and Syria) on a work permit, you are not eligible for employment in this position.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- At least 2 years of professional experience with Semantic HTML and modular CSS
- At least 2 years experience testing and resolving performance concerns
- Experience with cross browser quirks and compatibility
- Experience with mobile-first, content driven responsive design and development
- Familiar with progressive enhancement and leveraging API's
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
- Experience with Team Git workflow and version control
- Experience with Unix shell and command line tools
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.