Financial Intern (16 months)
At IBM, work is more than a job - it's a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you've never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world's most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.
Your Role and Responsibilities
This position resides in Markham, Ontaio and is a Internship 16 month work term commencing May 2021. It is mandatory that all applicants are enrolled in full-time studies at a post-secondary institution and returning to full-time studies upon completion of the work term.
Known as the 'knowledge behind the numbers', Financial Analysts are considered
to be trusted business advisors, working within IBM’s business units and geographies,as well as in a myriad of specialized corporate functions. IBM's finance organization is instrumental in driving innovative improvements to global financial processes while providing measurable value
to the business.
- Preparing month end reports, bridges, annual budgets, forecasts and business analytics.
- Ingenuity & Creativity with ability to work in rapidly transformational & changing environments
- Building Excel Models
- Executing Journal Entries
- Preparing and Updating Weekly Roadmap Reports
- Creating Executive Presentations
- Acting as trusted business advisor
- Recommending and implementing process improvements to improve productivity
- Work on special projects as assigned
- Opportunity to interact on daily basis with senior management and executives up to CFO level.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Co-op or internship program enrollment is mandatory
- Demonstrated communication and presentation skills
- Proven ability to work in a team environment
- Exhibited analytical skills with attention to detail
- Quick to learn, self-motivated and driven.
- Ability to solve unstructured / abstract problems with oversight.
- 3rd year students are preferred
- Intermediate excel skills, such as pivot tables, macros, and are able to execute advanced formulas (Vlookups & If Functions) in order to quickly analyze data
- Data analytics are executed with efficiency and are presented in a repeatable and sustainable way.
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Exposure or experience with Cognos, Excel Modelling, QMF
About Business Unit
The IBM Finance organization is responsible for driving enterprise performance and transformation. We are the financial stewards of IBM, delivering IBM’s financial strategy, developing new business models, and mitigating enterprise risk. Do you have a passion for creating business value? Join our team in accounting, financial planning, pricing, business controls, tax, treasury, business development (acquisitions & divestitures), and global financing.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you’re looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.