Financial Intern - IS, GBS & S&D - Internship (Markham, ON)
Change the world at IBM. There aren’t many companies who can say they have been an integral part of the global business landscape for more than a century. While the world has changed considerably over the past 100 years, IBM, our people and our offerings have continuously led the way with business and technology innovation.
Today, we are more than a hardware, software and services provider, yet we remain true to our heritage as a team of collaborative forward-thinkers, focused on making business and society work better. We are part of the fabric of everyday life and stand for world-changing progress.
Join a company where you can make an impact and literally change the world. With so many different opportunities available – the sky is the limit!
*This position resides in Markham, ON and is a 16 (internship) month work term commencing May, 2018. It is mandatory that all applicants are enrolled in full-time studies at a post-secondary institution and returning to full-time studies upon completion of the work term.
What IBM Offers You?
- Work directly on product and services that affect our clients, while having access to cutting edge software technology
- Work on projects which are challenging, innovative and rewarding
- A business casual dress code and flexible work hours, to ensure work-life balance
- Access to the Future Blue Community - IBM’s large student community that provides networking opportunities, sporting and social events.
It is a mandatory requirement for students to apply online atwww.ibm.com/jobs including a (1) cover letter, (2) resume, and (3) official or unofficial transcripts.
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
Financial Intern – Infrastructure Services Unit, Global Business Services & Sales / Distribution include:
Key Jobs Roles
- Preparing month end reports, bridges, annual budgets, forecasts and business analytics.
- Ingenuity & Creativity with ability to work in rapidly transformational & changing environments
- Building Excel Models
- Executing Journal Entries
- Preparing and Updating Weekly Roadmap Reports
- Creating Executive Presentations
- Acting as trusted business advisor
- Recommending and implementing process improvements to improve productivity
- Work on special projects as assigned
- Opportunity to interact on daily basis with senior management and executives up to CFO level.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Knowledge of Accounting & Financial Metrics
- Experience with Excel and Power point
- Demonstrated communication and presentation skills
- Proven ability to work in a team environment
- Exhibited analytical skills with attention to detail
- Quick to learn, self-motivated and driven.
- Ability to solve unstructured / abstract problems with oversight.
- 3rd year students are preferred
- Intermediate excel skills, such as pivot tables, macros, and are able to execute advanced formulas (Vlookups & If Functions) in order to quickly analyze data
- Data analytics are executed with efficiency and are presented in a repeatable and sustainable way.
- Co-op or internship program enrollment is mandatory
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
- Exposure or experience with Cognos, Excel Modelling, QMF
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.