Financial Engineer - Coop (Toronto, ON)
Change the world at IBM.
There aren't many companies who can say they have been an integral part of the global business landscape for more than a century. While the world has changed considerably over the past 100 years, IBM, our people and our offerings have continuously led the way with business and technology innovation.
Today, we are more than a hardware, software and services provider, yet we remain true to our heritage as a team of collaborative forward-thinkers, focused on making business and society work better. We are part of the fabric of everyday life and stand for world-changing progress.
Join a company where you can make an impact and literally change the world. With so many different opportunities available – the sky is the limit!
*This position resides in Toronto, Ontario and is a 4 (co-op) month work term commencing January 2019. It is mandatory that all applicants are enrolled in full-time studies at a post-secondary institution and returning to full-time studies upon completion of the work term.
What IBM Offers You?
- Work directly on product and services that affect our clients, while having access to cutting edge software technology
- Work on projects which are challenging, innovative and rewarding
- A business casual dress code and flexible work hours, to ensure work-life balance
- Access to the Future Blue Community - IBM's large student community that provides networking opportunities, sporting and social events.
It is a mandatory requirement for students to apply online at www.ibm.com/jobs
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
- Reporting to the Manager of Validation, you will be participating in exciting financial engineering activities relating to quantitative analysis of Financial Risk Management models.
- You will be involved in verifying our model implementation using independent applications tools (such as using Visual Basic, Matlab, C, C++, etc.) and knowledge of financial products to guarantee FE specs are correctly implemented and to assure the model accuracy.
- You will create technical document and validation benchmark for model verification and regression testing.
- You will work together with FE team, Model team, Documentation team and Research team to solve many challenging problems in the areas of Financial Risk Management.
- Your success will be measured by your ability to become a leader in this process, to effectively combine your creative approach with discipline required to assure the quality of model's development and to effectively communicate with other members of the team.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Students pursing master's degree in financial economics, Financial Engineering, Financial Risk Management or equivalent
- Experience with VBA or Matlab
- Understanding of basic financial theory
- Demonstrates verbal and written communications skills
- Co-op or internship program enrollment is mandatory
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
- Knowledge of IBM Algo RiskWatch and ASE applications
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.