Extreme Blue Business - Summer Student
|Looking for an extreme summer experience?
Start Something Big as an IBM Extreme Blue business intern!
Extreme Blue is IBM’s incubator for cutting-edge technology. Every summer, top students from across the world come together in teams of 4 to collaborate and create solutions to real business problems. The projects are actual IBM endeavours and represent product enhancements and futuristic work. We are looking for your fresh perspective, creativity, and enthusiasm in designing these solutions!
The Fine Print:
1. Candidates who only apply through the school's job posting system will not be considered, all candidates must apply online at ibm.com/jobs
2. The 2018 program will run from May 2018 to August 2018 in Markham, ON and Ottawa, ON. Exact dates will be communicated during the interview process. Given the driven nature of the internship, these dates are inflexible. Should you have exams scheduled during the initial portion of the internship, prior arrangements must be made with your university to either defer exams or write these at a designated examination centre in the city of the internship.
3. Candidates must be returning back to full-time studies at a post-secondary institution following the completion of the internship. Enrollment in an official co-op / internship program is preferred. Graduating students do not qualify for this opportunity.
For more information about Extreme Blue visit www.ibm.com/extremeblue. Check out what our interns were up to this summer on the Extreme Blue blog http://ibmextremeblue.tumblr.com/
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Demonstrated ability to work on business issues in a highly dynamic, technology based environment
- History of personal initiatives for exploring technology, illustrated by a clear understanding of Information Technology business trends
- Participation in a new product development initiative
- Significant contribution in a team based environment, both as a team player and a leader
- Demonstrated creativity
- Minimum of 4-months of co-op / internship experience
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
- Preference will be given to candidates who are within 12 months of their graduation
- Both MBAs and undergraduate business students will be considered
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.