Extreme Blue Business - Coop (Ottawa or Toronto, ON)
Change the world at IBM.
There aren't many companies who can say they have been an integral part of the global business landscape for more than a century. While the world has changed considerably over the past 100 years, IBM, our people and our offerings have continuously led the way with business and technology innovation.
Today, we are more than a hardware, software and services provider, yet we remain true to our heritage as a team of collaborative forward-thinkers, focused on making business and society work better. We are part of the fabric of everyday life and stand for world-changing progress.
Join a company where you can make an impact and literally change the world. With so many different opportunities available – the sky is the limit!
*This position resides in Ottawa or Toronto, Ontario and is a 4-month work term commencing May 2019. It is mandatory that all applicants are enrolled in full-time studies at a post-secondary institution and returning to full-time studies upon completion of the work term.
What IBM Offers You?
- Work directly on product and services that affect our clients, while having access to cutting edge software technology
- Work on projects which are challenging, innovative and rewarding
- A business casual dress code and flexible work hours, to ensure work-life balance
- Access to the Future Blue Community - IBM's large student community that provides networking opportunities, sporting and social events.
It is a mandatory requirement for students to apply online at www.ibm.com/jobs
Closing Date: January 31, 2019
The Extreme Blue internship experience combines great talent and cutting-edge technology to drive innovation. Throughout the program's history, interns have filed over 600 patent disclosures, helping to create solutions for clients and bring to market the next generation of IBM products.
Extreme Blue teams are like start-ups that must work together to solve a problem or create a solution for IBM clients. The interns work in small project teams that include business and technical students, supported by IBM mentors. Each Extreme Blue team is part of a larger lab environment that fosters collaboration, encourages mentorship, and drives success.
Unlike other internship programs where a student works under specific direction, interns in Extreme Blue are free to use their skills and creativity to generate powerful solutions that have the potential to shake up the technological marketplace. Interns in this high-performance environment get to roll up their sleeves and work with hot technologies like AI, cloud, mobile & analytics.
The summer is capped with a final presentation to senior IBM leadership, culminating in an extremely exciting and fast-paced summer. Think you have what it takes? Apply today!
This role will involve working with technology that is covered by embargo Export Regulations. If you are a Foreign National from any of the following embargoed countries (Cuba, Iran, North Korea, Sudan, and Syria) on a work permit, you are not eligible for employment in this position.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Interest and aptitude for business challenges in a high-paced, dynamic, and technology-driven environment
- Desire and demonstrated capability to effectively work in a team-oriented setting, both as a leader and a team player
- History of personal initiatives for exploring technology, illustrated by a clear understanding of Information Technology business trends
- Passion, ambition, creativity, resourcefulness, and relentless dedication
- Past work experience or internships in product management, project management, or start-up environments considered an asset
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.