Ethical Hacking - Internship (Ottawa, ON)
Change the world at IBM. There aren’t many companies who can say they have been an integral part of the global business landscape for more than a century. While the world has changed considerably over the past 100 years, IBM, our people and our offerings have continuously led the way with business and technology innovation.
Today, we are more than a hardware, software and services provider, yet we remain true to our heritage as a team of collaborative forward-thinkers, focused on making business and society work better. We are part of the fabric of everyday life and stand for world-changing progress.
Join a company where you can make an impact and literally change the world. With so many different opportunities available – the sky is the limit!
*This position resides in Ottawa, ON and is a 16 (internship)month work term commencing May 2018. It is mandatory that all applicants are enrolled in full-time studies at a post-secondary institution and returning to full-time studies upon completion of the work term.
What IBM Offers You?
- Work directly on product and services that affect our clients, while having access to cutting edge software technology
- Work on projects which are challenging, innovative and rewarding
- A business casual dress code and flexible work hours, to ensure work-life balance
- Access to the Future Blue Community - IBM’s large student community that provides networking opportunities, sporting and social events.
It is a mandatory requirement for students to apply online atwww.ibm.com/jobs .
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
We are looking for a tenacious student who thrives on overcoming technical challenges. Working with the X-Force Ethical Hacking team your responsibilities may include:
- Penetration Testing on IBM products and offerings
- Threat Modeling
- Product security incident response management
- Writing and reviewing security bulletins
- Design and implementation of custom scripts and tooling used to find and exploit security vulnerabilities
- Coordinating with development teams to provide mitigation recommendations, education, and ensuring vulnerabilities are effectively fixed
- Participating in security research and projects
- Creation and delivery of security training
Ensuring our products and offerings are secure is of extreme importance to IBM Security, in this technically demanding role you will play an important part in making that happen.
Must be a Canadian citizen, Canadian Permanent Resident, or US citizen.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Proven knowledge & interest in application security
- Experience with Linux operating system
- Demonstrates verbal and written communications skills
- Exhibits a solid understanding of networking and common protocols
- Co-op or internship program enrollment is mandatory
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
- Knowledge of IBM Security products
- Experience with any of the following tools: Kali Linux, NMap, Wireshark/tcpdump, Metsploit, AppScan, Burp, Zap
- Understanding of common application vulnerability types (OWASP Top 10/SANS25): XSS, SQLi, RCE, Path Traversal, CSRF, etc.
- Understanding of common cryptographic algorithms & weaknesses.
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.