Entry level Visual/UX Designer - Internship (Markham, ON)
Job Description Change the world at IBM. There aren't many companies who can say they have been an integral part of the global business landscape for more than a century. While the world has changed considerably over the past 100 years, IBM, our people and our offerings have continuously led the way with business and technology innovation. Today, we are more than a hardware, software and services provider, yet we remain true to our heritage as a team of collaborative forward-thinkers, focused on making business and society work better. We are part of the fabric of everyday life and stand for world-changing progress. Join a company where you can make an impact and literally change the world. With so many different opportunities available - the sky is the limit! *This position resides in Markham, ON and is a 16 (internship) month work term commencing May 2018. It is mandatory that all applicants are enrolled in full-time studies at a post-secondary institution and returning to full-time studies upon completion of the work term. What IBM Offers You?
- Work directly on product and services that affect our clients, while having access to cutting edge software technology
- Work on projects which are challenging, innovative and rewarding
- A business casual dress code and flexible work hours, to ensure work-life balance
- Access to the Future Blue Community - IBM's large student community that provides networking opportunities, sporting and social events.
It is a mandatory requirement for students to apply online at www.ibm.com/jobs including a (1) cover letter, (2) resume, and (3) official or unofficial transcripts. Closing Date: Open Until Filled As part of a creative design studio, this role will tackle numerous projects centered either on designing artifacts for next generation software products (e.g. user workflows, interaction patterns, low & high fidelity mockups, demos and other graphical elements for user interfaces) or creating artifacts for Communications needs across the software Labs in Canada (e.g. posters, web banners, graphics & videos for internal events / conferences / customer visits, possible new mobile app interface designs, etc.). You should be a self-starter, creative in your thinking about design issues, have a basic knowledge of design principles in order to work with other designers, communication and documentation skills and be able to work with a wide variety of people - both face-to-face and via conference calls.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Can demonstrate e xperience with key design tools such as Adobe Creative Cloud, Sketch, Invision, etc.
- Can demonstrate design skills through creation of user experiences and visually compelling artifacts (e.g. icons, mockups, posters, etc.).
- Experienced at photography and creating videos or short films (both live action and using motion graphics or animation) and can demonstrate knowledge of video editing tools/suites such as Adobe Premiere.
- Portfolio of previous work must be presented
- Proven communication skills and an ability to drill down to a customer's requirements
- Comfortable working in a dynamic, team based environment
- An awesome and positive attitude
- Co-op or internship program enrollment is mandatory
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
- An understanding of guidelines and standards of web design and knowledge of HTML and CSS is a bonus
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.