Entry Level PeopleSoft Functional Consultant
IBM Global Business Services (GBS) helps our clients fundamentally redesign experiences to create new sources of value, digitally reinvent their operations for great efficiency and transform their entire enterprises through cognitive. We invite you to consider joining IBM's global reach, outcome-focused methodologies, domain skills and deep industry expertise that are helping transform the way we live and work.
IBM's state-of-the-art Client Innovation Centre (CIC) opened in Nova Scotia in March 2013 and is the first of its kind in Canada. The Centre weaves together IBM's business insights and industry-leading software portfolio and is ideally suited for any client that needs flexible access to emerging or niche skills that may not be cost effective to grow internally. In addition, our focus on our team is unparalleled as demonstrated by the following:
- The CIC NS is one of IBM's highest performing delivery centres worldwide – for retention, client satisfaction and utilization. Our employees are empowered to stay and grow within IBM.
- More than 100 of our employees received promotion in 2015 alone. Structured career development programs are helping us grow our future leaders from within.
- We are very focused on continuous skill development – staff training is our third largest annual Centre investment. Employees are immersed in a culture of learning and constant growth.
- Investment in key partnership with universities, government and private sector groups which has resulted in IBM having a key influencing role in Nova Scotia's ICT industry, especially in talent development.
We are currently recruiting for top talent in PeopleSoft - Functional Analyst - we invite you to apply to our openings.
As an Entry Level PeopleSoft Payroll Functional Analyst, you will act as a functional expert in the implementation, upgrade and support of PeopleSoft Human Capital Management (HCM)/Payroll to guide the design, configuration, setup and testing of the PeopleSoft application. You will also lead fit/gap sessions, make recommendations on best practices, solve complex business process issues, and interact with the technical team to define system specifications.
The ideal candidate will have experience in preparing system-related documentation, e.g., business requirements, fit/gap analysis, functional specifications, training materials, and user manuals and be able to work with clients at all organizational levels to define business processes and provide advice on the use of PeopleSoft to support business requirements. As well as being self-motivated and able to work fully independently, the ideal candidate is able to work as a member of a team, cooperating and collaborating with other team members to produce optimum solutions. Working in this core area of our business you will be instrumental in helping us to continue to be recognized as the premiere Oracle implementer in Canada.
- Functional knowledge in Enterprise Applications (SAP or PeopleSoft)
- Functional knowledge in Payroll, HR, Human Capital Management
- A demonstrated history of achievement in academics, internships, and/or work experience
- Ability to thrive in a team environment, making individual contributions to challenging projects
- Ability to handle multiple tasks concurrently and to meet deadlines
- Proven interpersonal, writing, and verbal communication skill
- Demonstrated leadership abilities
- Willingness to live in Nova Scotia (a low amount of travel anticipated)
- Demonstrated leadership and adaptability with the willingness to readily and voluntarily take ownership of highly challenging tasks and problems, even beyond initial scope of responsibility.
- A thorough and analytical approach with the capability to apply logic to solve problems.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks concurrently and meet deadlines while maintaining focus despite conflicting demands.
- Drive to overcome the most challenging or difficult obstacles and look for ways to improve results.
- Initiative to actively seek new knowledge and improve skills.
- Effective interpersonal skills with ability to collaborate and work effectively with individuals, strengthening relationships to achieve win-win solutions.
- Ability to communicate complex situations clearly and simply by listening actively and conveying difficult messages in a positive manner.
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.