Entry-Level Consultant - Consulting by Degrees 2018, Montréal, QC
We live in an incredible time of transformation for business, society and the workplace. IBM Global Business Services (GBS) is a team of business, strategy and technology consultants enabling enterprises to make smarter decisions and providing unparalleled client and consumer experiences in cognitive, data analytics, cloud technology and mobile app development. With global reach, outcome-focused methodologies and deep industry expertise, IBM GBS empowers clients to digitally reinvent their business and get the competitive edge in the cognitive era in over 170 countries.
IBM Global Business Services (GBS) Canada is now hiring Entry-Level Consultants for the 2018 intake of the Consulting by Degrees Program. IBM Consulting by Degrees (CBD) is our world class program designed to groom top, entry level consultants into tomorrow’s leaders. By providing a variety of project and role experiences, and deep skills development opportunities, our consultants are prepared to launch and accelerate their careers successfully. The CbD program seeks the best and brightest from all walks of life –from business to engineering; communications to computer science; analytics to application development and everything in between.
For more information on the Consulting By Degrees program, please visit
Within IBM iX’s Customer Care practice, you’ll work among strategy consultants & architects who shape the future of how Canada’s biggest companies interact with their customers. The Customer Care group in an enterprise is the hub where all customer touchpoints intersect. Working with us, you’ll have the opportunity to conceptualize, design, and deliver complex solutions that enhance the customer experience. Our practice has established key partnerships and accreditation with some of the world’s leading edge companies to leverage new and innovative tools. You’ll be able to work on projects that provide value, not only to our clients, but to all of the customers that interact with them on a daily basis.
You will address customer needs by designing world-class digital customer experiences; create user experience designs and prototypes.
In addition to the technical requirements, we look for the following in an IBM GBS Entry-level Consultant:
- A technical degree in Computer Science or related field – For design roles, you must be able to showcase your portfolio.
- Demonstrated leadership and adaptability with the willingness to readily and voluntarily take ownership of highly challenging tasks and problems, even beyond initial scope of responsibility.
- A thorough and analytical approach with the capability to apply logic to solve problems.
Ability to handle multiple tasks concurrently and meet deadlines while maintaining focus despite conflicting demands.
- Drive to overcome the most challenging or difficult obstacles and look for ways to improve results.
- Initiative to actively seek new knowledge and improve skills.
- Effective interpersonal skills with ability to collaborate and work effectively with individuals, strengthening relationships to achieve win-win solutions.
- Ability to communicate complex situations clearly and simply by listening actively and conveying difficult messages in a positive manner.
- Ability to write effectively, communicating complex messages or requirements clearly, simply, and concisely.
- A passion for innovative ideas, coupled with the ability to understand and assimilate different points of view.
- Must be able to travel extensively.
- French language proficiency is an absolute requirement for roles in Quebec.
- A valid driver's permit is required for this role.
This role will involve working with technology that is covered by embargo Export Regulations. If you are a Foreign National from any of the following embargoed countries (Cuba, Iran, North Korea, Sudan, and Syria) on a work permit, you are not eligible for employment in this position.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.