Entry-Level Consultant - Consulting by Degrees (Montreal, Quebec)
Your future. Made with IBM. IBM Global Business Services (GBS) Canada is now hiring Entry-Level Consultants. We live in a moment of remarkable change and opportunity. The convergence of data and technology is transforming industries, society and professions. Some of these professions did not even exist before data, cloud, social, and mobile. IBM Global Business Services is part of this transformation and just the place to define your career within business consulting. Join us as we make the most of these exciting times and discover what you can make of this moment. At IBM GBS, we partner with Fortune 1000 clients to deliver real business value by:
- Bringing together the worldâ??s largest consulting practice with industry-leading research capability.
- Enriching business consulting with advanced research, analytics and technology.
- Teaming on all phases of engagement to plan, build and implement advanced business solutions.
- Establishing new, flexible and iterative approaches that only IBM can offer through our unique combination of skills, experience and capabilities.
- Leveraging the proven road-maps and frameworks we have developed across our various service lines and industries.
- Applying IBM's global expertise and local capabilities through our unique global delivery network combined with our teams in over 170 countries.
What will you do as an IBM GBS Entry-level Consultant?
As an Entry-level Consultant, you will have the opportunity to join Consulting by Degrees - our world-class leadership and development program designed to provide the full-spectrum of structured training, development, and practical experience necessary to successfully launch and accelerate their career. You will contribute right away to top-tier clients in collaboration with smart people in a dynamic team environment. You will work on projects that help clients integrate strategy, process, technology and information to increase effectiveness, reduce costs and improve profit and shareholder value. You will have an opportunity to build a powerful portfolio of interesting and rewarding experiences. You can take advantage of opportunities to master new skills, work across different disciplines and move into new challengesâ??all at IBM, a company that is at the forefront of tackling the grand challenges that affect our society, such as climate change, energy production, traffic congestion and health care.
Profiles we are looking for:
Business Analytics (Roles: Business Intelligence, Analyst, Quality Assurance, Jr. Data Scientist).
You will solve business problems by formulating mathematical approaches, gathering and analyzing data, drawing conclusions, testing solutions and presenting to clients.
iX (Roles: Jr. UI Designer, Jr. UX Designer, Jr. User Research).
You will address customer needs by designing world-class digital customer experiences; create user experience designs and prototypes.
Technology, Web & Mobile (Roles: Quality Assurance, Front-end App developer (Web & Mobile), Back-end App developer (Server), DevOps Consultant.
You will design, develop, and integrate solutions using best practice technologies, tools, techniques, and products our clients demand today.
Enterprise Application (Roles: Functional Business Analyst, Test Analyst/Test Coordinator, Training Developer/Analyst, Organizational Change Management (OCM) Analyst).
You will help clients integrate enterprise-wide data solutions for improved performance and efficiency through one of the following platforms: SAP, Oracle, Microsoft Dynamics, or Workday.
What do we look for in an IBM GBS Entry-level Consultant?
- Demonstrated leadership and adaptability with the willingness to readily and voluntarily take ownership of highly challenging tasks and problems, even beyond initial scope of responsibility.
- A thorough and analytical approach with the capability to apply logic to solve problems.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks concurrently and meet deadlines while maintaining focus despite conflicting demands.
- Drive to overcome the most challenging or difficult obstacles and look for ways to improve results.
- Initiative to actively seek new knowledge and improve skills.
- Effective interpersonal skills with ability to collaborate and work effectively with individuals, strengthening relationships to achieve win-win solutions.
- Ability to communicate complex situations clearly and simply by listening actively and conveying difficult messages in a positive manner.
- Ability to write effectively, communicating complex messages or requirements clearly, simply, and concisely.
- A passion for innovative ideas, coupled with the ability to understand and assimilate different points of view.
MUST BE FLUENTLY BILINGUAL IN FRENCH & ENGLISH (WRITTEN AND SPOKEN) & FLEXIBLE FOR TRAVEL.
This role will involve working with technology that is covered by embargo Export Regulations. If you are a Foreign National from any of the following embargoed countries (Cuba, Iran, North Korea, Sudan, and Syria) on a work permit, you are not eligible for employment in this position.
Candidate must have the ability to work in Canada without a current or future need for visa sponsorship. Selected candidates may not need to travel for all projects outside of their metro area. However, all candidates must be able and willing to travel based on assigned project demand. Travel requirements may vary but could be up to 100%. Candidates are not able to refuse project based on travel.
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.