Entry-Level Compiler Developer
START DATES FOR THIS POSITION ARE IN 2019
At IBM we have an amazing opportunity to transform the world with cognitive technology. By using the vast amounts of information available today to identify new patterns and make new discoveries, we are helping cities become smarter, hospitals transform patient care, financial institutions minimize risk, and pharmaceuticals find cures for rare diseases. Join the forward-thinking teams at IBM solving some of the world's most complex problems – there is no better place to grow your career!
Entry-Level Compiler Developers:
- Design, develop, and test software in our world class compiler team
- Are skilled in C, C++, Java, Python, etc.
- Work in different phases of software and compiler development—programming language development and implementation, hardware enablement and exploitation, performance analysis and code optimization for both CPU and GPU
- Have an interest in, understanding of, or experience with Design Thinking Methodology
- Have an interest in, understanding of, or experience with Agile development methodology
- Entry-Level Compiler Developers are in demand across IBM's growth areas. You'll be matched and deployed to a development team in a strategic business. These are office-based positions in IBM locations.
What You'll Do:
- You'll work in an Agile, collaborative environment to understand requirements, design, code and test innovative applications, and support those applications for our highly valued customers.
- You'll employ IBM's Design Thinking to create products that provide a great user experience along with high performance, security, quality, and stability.
- Work with industry experts to design, develop and test fast and efficient software in our world class compiler team.
- Our compilers are at the cutting edge of compilation technology, and our developers have helped deliver language standard conformance and industry leading benchmark results on IBM for both CPU and GPU.
Who You Are:
- You are highly motivated and have a passion for creating and supporting great products.
- You thrive on collaboration, working side by side with people of all backgrounds and disciplines, and you have very strong verbal and written communication skills.
- You are great at solving problems, a demonstrated understanding of algorithms and data structures, programming language design and a passion for developing innovative algorithms that make software run as fast as possible.
- Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Experience with design, development and testing software
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
- Willing to travel up to 10%
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Preferred Education: Master's Degree