Entry Level Client Facing Tech Sup. Dev. Sept.2019 4-8 months (Ottawa)
START DATE FOR THIS INTERNSHIP IS DURING FALL - SEPTEMBER 2019 (4 - 8 months) Ottawa, ON
At IBM we have an amazing opportunity to transform the world with cognitive technology. By using the vast amounts of information available today to identify new patterns and make new discoveries, we are helping cities become smarter, hospitals transform patient care, financial institutions minimize risk, and pharmaceuticals find cures for rare diseases. Join the forward-thinking teams at IBM solving some of the world’s most complex problems – there is no better place to grow your career!
Client Facing Tech Support Developer:
- Work directly with clients to deliver cognitive solutions to business problems; from project planning to solution design and software implementation and development
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Function in roles such as: architect, developer, project manager, support engineer
- Work across portfolio of offerings (web development frameworks, to Java, to natural language processing, etc.)
- Have an interest in, understanding of, or experience with Design Thinking Methodology
- Have an interest in, understanding of, or experience with Agile development methodology
What You’ll Do:
- You’ll work in an Agile, collaborative environment to understand requirements, design, code and test innovative applications, and support those applications for our highly valued customers.
- You’ll employ IBM’s Design Thinking to create products that provide a great user experience along with high performance, security, quality, and stability.
- You’ll have an opportunity to work with a variety of programming languages, applications, frameworks and APIs.
Who You Are:
- You are highly motivated and have a passion for creating and supporting great products.
- You thrive on collaboration, working side by side with people of all backgrounds and disciplines, and you have very strong verbal and written communication skills.
- You are great at solving problems, debugging, troubleshooting, designing and implementing solutions to complex technical issues.
- You have a basic understanding of software development and programming languages.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
- Willing to travel up to 10%
- Bachelors degree
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Preferred Education: Bachelor's Degree