Entry Level - User Experience Designer (Markham)
Thomas J. Watson said it best: "Good design is good business." Visualization is critical to discovering data-driven insights and effectively communicating that knowledge to others. Designers at IBM work to create experiences that work together, work the same, and work for our clients. Does the thought of creating the platform at the heart of solutions like Watson, Blockchain, IoT, and Security excite you? If so, read on!
Your Role and Responsibilities
User experience designers create human-centered experiences by designing the structural and informational foundation for products, services, and systems. They facilitate the delivery of all elements, interactions, and decisions that add value to the total user experience.
Required Professional and Technical Expertise
- Interpreting research insights and building understanding of users and context
- Defining user experience goals and design principles
- Applying knowledge of psychological and physical attributes of humans (e.g. Hick's Law, Fitt's Law)
- Designing the architecture of the functions and information of the experience
- Designing the interaction patterns between functions/information and users/customers
- Designing pathways of navigation through an experience; demonstrating understanding of content, functions, and relationships within the system
- Supporting and planning for variation of user contexts (e.g. culture, environment, and activity)
- Converging and translating technological, operational, and functional constraints into human-centered opportunities
- Facilitating and designing for the relational aspects across every part of the experience
Preferred Professional and Technical Expertise
- Experience or familiarity with designing for accessibility standards
- Familiarity with design systems
- Degree in User Experience Design, Human Computer Interaction, Human Factors, Information Architecture, or related field
About Business Unit
No matter where you work in IBM, you are making an impact. As an Early Professional with IBM, you will be taking on a key role with one of our industry-leading business units to take on the technology that is solving our most challenging problems and changing the way the world thinks.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you're looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM's greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
This role will involve working with technology that is covered by Export Regulations sanctions. If you are a Foreign National from any of the following US sanctioned countries (Cuba, Iran, North Korea, Sudan, and Syria) on a work permit, you are not eligible for employment in this position.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.