DevOps Software Developer - Coop (Ottawa, ON)
Change the world at IBM.
There aren't many companies who can say they have been an integral part of the global business landscape for more than a century. While the world has changed considerably over the past 100 years, IBM, our people and our offerings have continuously led the way with business and technology innovation.
Today, we are more than a hardware, software and services provider, yet we remain true to our heritage as a team of collaborative forward-thinkers, focused on making business and society work better. We are part of the fabric of everyday life and stand for world-changing progress.
Join a company where you can make an impact and literally change the world. With so many different opportunities available – the sky is the limit!
*This position resides in Ottawa, Ontario and is a 4 or 8 (co-op) month work term commencing January 2019. It is mandatory that all applicants are enrolled in full-time studies at a post-secondary institution and returning to full-time studies upon completion of the work term.
What IBM Offers You?
- Work directly on product and services that affect our clients, while having access to cutting edge software technology
- Work on projects which are challenging, innovative and rewarding
- A business casual dress code and flexible work hours, to ensure work-life balance
- Access to the Future Blue Community - IBM's large student community that provides networking opportunities, sporting and social events.
It is a mandatory requirement for students to apply online at www.ibm.com/jobs
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
Businesses are generating enormous amounts of data. Analytics are the brains that turn all that raw data into actionable information. Our Cognos Analytics (CA) product offers smart, self-service capabilities so clients can identify and act on this information. Using emerging technologies CA provides beautiful interactive visualizations, as well as cognitive and contextual computing to empower our business users. Our enterprise CA product is now available on the Cloud.
As a developer in our CA on Cloud development team, you will be using the latest tools and technologies for the design, development and deployment of CA into the cloud in our continuous delivery and deployment framework and DevOps culture.
This role will involve working with technology that is covered by embargo Export Regulations. If you are a Foreign National from any of the following embargoed countries (Cuba, Iran, North Korea, Sudan, and Syria) on a work permit, you are not eligible for employment in this position.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Strong experience with
- Linux operating systems and *NIX system administration
- Familiar with configuration, deployment and orchestration tools such as
- Jenkins, Docker, Ansible and Kubernetes
- Strong coding/scripting skills with languages such as Python, bash and groovy
- Demonstrated belief in failing fast and working iteratively in an Agile environment
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
- Co-op or internship program enrollment is mandatory
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
- Experience engineering solutions in a DevOps culture supporting Automation, Continuous Integration/Delivery, Continuous Availability, Logging, Monitoring, etc.
- Experience administering application servers, web servers and databases such WebSphere, Node.js, Nginx, MongoDB, DB2, Spark, ApacheDS
- Experience working with cloud software ELK, NewRelic, Kafka, Zookeeper, Grafana, Prometheus
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.