DevOps engineer - Coop (Ottawa, ON)
Change the world at IBM.
There aren't many companies who can say they have been an integral part of the global business landscape for more than a century. While the world has changed considerably over the past 100 years, IBM, our people and our offerings have continuously led the way with business and technology innovation.
Today, we are more than a hardware, software and services provider, yet we remain true to our heritage as a team of collaborative forward-thinkers, focused on making business and society work better. We are part of the fabric of everyday life and stand for world-changing progress.
Join a company where you can make an impact and literally change the world. With so many different opportunities available – the sky is the limit!
*This position resides in Ottawa, Ontario and is a 4 or 8 (co-op) month work term commencing January 2019. It is mandatory that all applicants are enrolled in full-time studies at a post-secondary institution and returning to full-time studies upon completion of the work term.
What IBM Offers You?
- Work directly on product and services that affect our clients, while having access to cutting edge software technology
- Work on projects which are challenging, innovative and rewarding
- A business casual dress code and flexible work hours, to ensure work-life balance
- Access to the Future Blue Community - IBM's large student community that provides networking opportunities, sporting and social events.
It is a mandatory requirement for students to apply online at www.ibm.com/jobs
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
We are seeking innovative students looking for a challenge in an exciting and high paced environment. Your role will expose you to the entire software development, release and support process. As a DevOps team member, you will contribute to the design, implementation, testing, and deployment of new features, functions and integration points in IBM Planning Analytics offering. Candidates should be highly motivated, enthusiastic, and able to work under minimal guidance with demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills. Your collaboration and communication skills will be fundamental to the success of the projects you work on. The successful candidate for this position will demonstrate that they are able to learn and adapt to technologies, relationships and priorities quickly and smoothly.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Co-op or internship program enrollment is mandatory
- Experience with Windows and Linux operating systems
- Experience with Powershell or Python
- Demonstrates verbal and written communications skills
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
- Experience with developing for a cloud environment
- Experience with automating business processes
- Knowledge of secure engineering
- Knowledge of IBM Business Analytics products
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.