DevOps Developer: IBM Tech Re-Entry Program for Women
Return to the workforce the right way.
IBM values your skill and knowledge.
We'll show you why IBM is a great place for women in STEM.
We'll welcome you back.
IBM's Tech Re-Entry program is looking for talented female technical professionals who are looking to re-start their careers after an absence from the workforce of 2 years or more. This paid 12 week returnship will enable you to work on projects that match your expertise, interests, and abilities and could lead to full-time employment. During your IBM Tech Re-Entry returnship program, you will have the opportunity to update your skills in a contemporary work environment. You will have access to the latest tools and technologies available and work alongside a multi-disciplinary teams to hone your expertise and deliver on client-critical solutions. You'll be able to experience the breadth of IBM resources while developing new skills and relationships.
IBM Incentive Compensation Management (ICM) software is the leader in the Sales Performance Management market. This $850 million market continues to grow yearly and is expected to reach $1.4 billion by 2022. Work with us, learn what it takes to be the leader in a competitive global software industry. ICM enables organizations to design, manage, and automate the calculation of variable payment for dozens of plans and thousands of employees simultaneously. From a technical point of view, ICM is a single-page web application that utilizes REST APIs. The REST API is backed by databases and a distributed compute engine.
IBM seeks to hire a DevOps Developer with specific focus in cloud applications, development, and operations. We are looking for candidates to work alongside a multidisciplinary team of developers, support and business professionals focused on the next generation of software.
As a DevOps Developer, you will be working alongside a multidisciplinary team of developers, designers, data scientists, and business professionals. In this role, you will have the following responsibilities:
- -Having the curiosity and the ability to work through difficult problems with determination
- -Automating manual processes and developing applications required for a smooth cloud operation
- -Documenting devops procedures for the team runbooks
This role will involve working with technology that is covered by Export Regulations sanctions. If you are a Foreign National from any of the following US sanctioned countries (Cuba, Iran, North Korea, Sudan, Syria, and Ukraine) on a work permit, you are not eligible for employment in this position.
- In order to qualify for this apprenticeship, you must have been out of the work force for a minimum of 2 years;
- Non-Canadian citizens must hold a US Travel Visa that is valid through Dec 2019 or beyond to be considered for this role;
- Upon acceptance of your offer you are required to attend a 3 days orientation at our HQ's in Armonk, NY.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- -Strong communication skills. Willingness to convey ideas and able to work in collaborative environment
- -Experience in Windows and Linux Operating System
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
- -Experience in database administration and design (e.g. Microsoft SQL Server, PostreSQL)
- -Experience in scripting (e.g. Python, Powershell, bash)
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.