Development Operations (DevOps) - Supply Chain Insights
Supply Chain Insights is a SaaS Cloud offering. This role requires the individual to have a good understanding of deploying and maintaining an application that is born in the Cloud. The individual should have a good understanding of Site Reliability Engineering principles and be able to put them into practice.
This role requires efficiency, flexibility and multitasking while dealing with multiple timelines and projects.
- Building automated deployment assets and scripts (Zero Down time) with auto-healing/recovery in mind.
- Work with team to improve the change process, incident process and actively participate and take actions in Root Cause Analysis events
- Good understanding on SaaS and PaaS models
- Supporting software releases and push to production using all automated deployment tools
- Enforcement of security best practices on applications
- Automating monitoring and logging within our cloud environments
- Operating within an agile project methodology
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- BS degree in Computer Science or relevant area mandatory
- Understand that everything built requires deep monitoring and alerting
- Understanding the concept of Site Reliability Engineering (SRE)
- Solid background with business continuity, fail-over and high availability methodology, and load balancing designs
- Basic understanding on usage of automation scripting like Ansible or Chef
- Basic understanding on usage of build automation and tools like Jenkins
- Basic understanding on usage of container management tools like Kubernetes or Mesos
- Basic understanding on usage of monitoring tools like NewRelic or Zabbix
- Basic understanding on usage of deployment orchestration tools like Urban Code Deploy
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.