Developer Advocate (Markham, ON)
Change the world at IBM.
There aren't many companies who can say they have been an integral part of the global business landscape for more than a century. While the world has changed considerably over the past 100 years, IBM, our people and our offerings have continuously led the way with business and technology innovation.
Today, we are more than a hardware, software and services provider, yet we remain true to our heritage as a team of collaborative forward-thinkers, focused on making business and society work better. We are part of the fabric of everyday life and stand for world-changing progress.
Join a company where you can make an impact and literally change the world. With so many different opportunities available – the sky is the limit!
*This position resides in Markham, Ontario and is a 16 (internship) month work term commencing January 2019. It is mandatory that all applicants are enrolled in full-time studies at a post-secondary institution and returning to full-time studies upon completion of the work term.
What IBM Offers You?
- Work directly on product and services that affect our clients, while having access to cutting edge software technology
- Work on projects which are challenging, innovative and rewarding
- A business casual dress code and flexible work hours, to ensure work-life balance
- Access to the Future Blue Community - IBM's large student community that provides networking opportunities, sporting and social events.
It is a mandatory requirement for students to apply online at www.ibm.com/jobs
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
We are seeking 3 individuals with proven technical skills, each for a 16-month internship in an exciting, high paced environment. Your role will require extensive programming knowledge and be able to develop and demonstrate innovative solutions. You will be interacting with both internal and external individuals to discuss developer needs and are required to analyze and resolve issues. A substantial amount of work will be done with IBM's Cloud platform as a service and the tools offered within the Cloud. You will be required to work with clients, developers and startups to offer support as a subject matter specialist in topics such as IBM Watson and will be required to advocate about the IBM technologies, features and benefits.
You will be involved in all aspects of Software development based on client needs ranging from inception, code implementation and delivery of the solution. You will conduct briefings and demonstrations and develop proofs of concept. You will be engaging with developers in technical discussions and will be often required to present at events and meetings. Candidates for this role should have an interest in keeping up to date about emerging technologies, possess an innovative mindset and be driven to provide exceptional service to clients. Travel may be required for this position
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Co-op or internship program enrollment is mandatory
- Working knowledge of IBM Cloud (PaaS, IaaS), hybrid cloud
- Demonstrates communication and interpersonal skills
- Proven time management skills
- Familiar with software design patterns & principles
- Proven knowledge of full stack development (front end, back end, database, etc.)
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
- Knowledge of IBM products
- Experience with various programming languages
- Understanding of software engineering
- Basic knowledge of Node.js
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.