Developer - Cloud Garage
The Cloud Garage is a new and innovative approach to driving customer application development success on IBM Bluemix PaaS and IBM Cloud platform at an accelerated pace. The Cloud Garage is a very different environment that is typically located at startup communities. It is an open work environment with latest Mac pairing stations, soon to be enclosed area with glass walls and 20 foot ceilings, snacks, lots of techie & networking events.
We are bringing clients into the Garage to rapidly develop minimum viable products using IBM Design Thinking to get the product definition correct and adopting agile practices for developing the apps. Our clients choosing Bluemix and the IBM Cloud platform are looking for innovation and agility in how apps are defined, designed, and developed.
We have assembled an ‘A’ team of developers, product managers, and designers and we are currently looking to add an additional senior developer.Pairing is at the core of the way we are doing development and the way we are training our team. Garage developers will do pair programming, test driven development, continuous integration and deployment using modern tools.
We need a developer who will:
- Be available to travel up to a maximum of 50% of the time
- Be an advocate for the Cloud Garage Method and provide guidance on the application of the method in client projects
- Practice pair programming and test driven development
- Be a technical subject matter expert in the delivery of development projects
- Provide technical input in design thinking workshops
- Provide input to technical scoping activities for customer proposals, as appropriate
The primary teams that you will work with are Garage Developers, Designers, Architects & Project Managers, Customer Product Managers, Subject Matter Experts and Garage Practice Leaders.
The IBM Cloud Garage is looking for talent that has a passion to innovate and is willing to take on challenges that are outside of their comfort zone. If you have a passion for working as part of a dynamic and leading edge team, this could be the opportunity for you!
This role will involve working with technology that is covered by embargo Export Regulations. If you are a Foreign National from any of the following embargoed countries (Cuba, Iran, North Korea, Sudan, and Syria) on a work permit, you are not eligible for employment in this position.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- At least 2 years of experience practicing agile development methodologies
- Experience working in an enterprise environment
- Strong track record in delivering successful projects
- Experience with Java and Node.js
- Strong written & verbal communication skills
- Client facing experience
- Experience developing in a cloud environment
- English: Fluent
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
- Experience in at least one of Python, Go, IBM Functions, Ruby, ASP.NET or Swift
- Experience as a consultant
- Experience in developing on a PaaS environment such as Bluemix or Cloud Foundry
- Experience with extreme programming and TDD
- Experience with Docker
- Experience with Kubernetes