Design Researcher Intern (16 months)
At IBM, work is more than a job - it's a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you've never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world's most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.
Your Role and Responsibilities
This position resides in Markham, Ontario and is a 16-month work term commencing May 2021. It is mandatory that all applicants are enrolled in full-time studies at a post-secondary institution and returning to full-time studies upon completion of the work term.
We are looking for talented design researchers to help our creative design team deliver great end-to-end customer experiences. The team you’ll be joining is part of the worldwide design organization for AI Applications – a part of IBM that is collectively responsible for software products focused on AI-enabled solutions that assist our customers make more informed and data-driven decisions about how to manage their business and services.
- Create business process scenarios and flows/wireframes for user interfaces
- Create research artifacts and interview/observe sponsor users to aid in discovering actionable insights
- Research and validate customer requirements
- Collaborate directly with your design team and developers to build out, update and modernize software product user interfaces
- Share work in progress, along with giving and receiving critiques
- Collaborate with a wide variety of people (UX designers, content designers, developers, product owners, etc.) across our worldwide teams
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Co-op or internship program enrolment is mandatory
- Can demonstrate experience with key design tools such as Adobe Creative Cloud, Invision & Sketch
- Can demonstrate design skills for creating user scenarios for usability testing, analysis of industry trends, task analysis, workflow design
- Experience with design research methodologies and researching & reporting conclusions in well-developed documents
- Portfolio of previous work must be presented
- Proven communication skills and an ability to drill down to a customer's requirements
- Comfortable working in a dynamic, team based environment
- An awesome and positive attitude
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Knowledge of design methodologies and information architecture
- Experience with video editing tools/suites such as Adobe Premiere
About Business Unit
Digitization is accelerating the ongoing evolution of business, and clouds - public, private, and hybrid - enable companies to extend their existing infrastructure and integrate across systems. IBM Cloud provides the security, control, and visibility that our clients have come to expect. We are working to provide the right tools and environment to combine all of our client’s data, no matter where it resides, to respond to changing market dynamics.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you’re looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
This role will involve working with technology that is covered by Export Regulations sanctions. If you are a Foreign National from any of the following US sanctioned countries (Cuba, Iran, North Korea, Sudan, and Syria) on a work permit, you are not eligible for employment in this position.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.