DB2 Software Innovator - Internship (Markham, ON)
Change the world at IBM. There aren’t many companies who can say they have been an integral part of the global business landscape for more than a century. While the world has changed considerably over the past 100 years, IBM, our people and our offerings have continuously led the way with business and technology innovation.
Today, we are more than a hardware, software and services provider, yet we remain true to our heritage as a team of collaborative forward-thinkers, focused on making business and society work better. We are part of the fabric of everyday life and stand for world-changing progress.
Join a company where you can make an impact and literally change the world. With so many different opportunities available – the sky is the limit!
*This position resides in Markham, Ontario and is a a 12 or 16 (internship) month work term commencing May 2018. It ismandatory that all applicants are enrolled in full-time studies at a post-secondary institution and returning to full-time studies upon completion of the work term.
What IBM Offers You?
- Work directly on product and services that affect our clients, while having access to cutting edge software technology
- Work on projects which are challenging, innovative and rewarding
- A business casual dress code and flexible work hours, to ensure work-life balance
- Access to the Future Blue Community - IBM’s large student community that provides networking opportunities, sporting and social events.
It is a mandatory requirement for students to apply online at www.ibm.com/jobs including a (1) cover letter, (2) resume, and (3) official or unofficial transcripts.
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
We are seeking innovative students looking for challenges in highly collaborative and agile environment. Your role includes:
- Using cutting edge technologies to create solutions which will impact both customers and IBM’ers.
- Proposing innovative projects to optimize efficiency within IBM Analytics.
- Designing, developing, testing and socializing forward-leaning applications leveraging IBM Db2 along with other IBM products and open source projects.
- Working in a fast-paced startup unit, embedded within the IBM global enterprise. An ability to adopt the agile methodology is a must."
- Combining analytic and social media methodologies in creative ways to accelerate the adoption of IBM Db2 database management system
Candidates should be highly motivated, enthusiastic, and able to work under minimal guidance with demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills. Your collaboration and communication skills will be fundamental to the overall team success of the projects you work on.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- High innovative thinking
- Experience with data analytics
- Demonstrated high social media involvement
- Experience with the latest open source technology trends
- Experience with Linux operating systems and/or Windows
- Demonstrates verbal and written communications skills
- Co-op or internship program enrollment is mandatory
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
- Knowledge of database products (Db2) & SQL
- Experience with various unix shells (bash, ksh)
- Understanding of software engineering
- Knowledge of the software development cycle
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.