Data Science and Machine Learning - Internship (Markham, ON)
Change the world at IBM. There aren’t many companies who can say they have been an integral part of the global business landscape for more than a century. While the world has changed considerably over the past 100 years, IBM, our people and our offerings have continuously led the way with business and technology innovation.
Today, we are more than a hardware, software and services provider, yet we remain true to our heritage as a team of collaborative forward-thinkers, focused on making business and society work better. We are part of the fabric of everyday life and stand for world-changing progress.
Join a company where you can make an impact and literally change the world. With so many different opportunities available – the sky is the limit!
*This Student Position resides in Markham, ON and is a 16 (internship) month work term commencing May 2018. It ismandatory that all applicants are enrolled in full-time studies at a post-secondary institution and returning to full-time studies upon completion of the work term.
What IBM Offers You?
- Work directly on product and services that affect our clients, while having access to cutting edge software technology
- Work on projects which are challenging and rewarding
- A business casual dress code and flexible work hours, to ensure work-life balance
- Access to Future Blue - IBM’s large student community that provides networking opportunities, sporting and social events.
It is a mandatory requirement for students to apply online atwww.ibm.com/jobs .
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
The following job responsibilities for Data Science and Machine Learning Intern include:
We are seeking innovative students looking for 16 months of challenge in an exciting and high paced environment. Your role will be a combination of Software Development and Testing of Data Science Experience and Machine Learning products. As a Data Science and Machine Learning team member, you will contribute to the design, implementation, and test, deployment of new features, functions. Candidates should be highly motivated, enthusiastic, and able to work under minimal guidance with demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills. Your collaboration and communication skills will be fundamental to the overall team success of the projects you work on.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Experience with Windows and/or Linux operating systems
- Basic knowledge in open-source community development processes and tools
- Comp Eng, Comp Sci students with strong Math and programming skills
- Demonstrates verbal and written communications skills
- Fluent English is mandatory
- Co-op or internship program enrollment is mandatory
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
- Knowledge of the software development cycle
- Experience in software debugging at system level
- Experience with computer architecture and operating systems
- At least 6 months experience developing Node.js applications
- Basic knowledge in compiler development
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.