Data Analyst - Coop (Toronto, ON)
Change the world at IBM. There aren’t many companies who can say they have been an integral part of the global business landscape for more than a century. While the world has changed considerably over the past 100 years, IBM, our people and our offerings have continuously led the way with business and technology innovation.
Today, we are more than a hardware, software and services provider, yet we remain true to our heritage as a team of collaborative forward-thinkers, focused on making business and society work better. We are part of the fabric of everyday life and stand for world-changing progress.
Join a company where you can make an impact and literally change the world. With so many different opportunities available – the sky is the limit!
*This Student Position resides in Toronto, ON and is a 4 or 8 (co-op) month work term commencing September 2019. It is mandatory that all applicants are enrolled in full-time studies at a post-secondary institution and returning to full-time studies upon completion of the work term.
What IBM Offers You?
- Work directly on product and services that affect our clients, while having access to cutting edge software technology
- Work on projects which are challenging, innovative and rewarding
- A business casual dress code and flexible work hours, to ensure work-life balance
- Access to the Future Blue Community - IBM’s large student community that provides networking opportunities, sporting and social events.
It is a mandatory requirement for students to apply online at www.ibm.com/jobs .
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
This role will involve working with technology that is covered by embargo Export Regulations. If you are a Foreign National from any of the following embargoed countries (Cuba, Iran, North Korea, Sudan, Syria) on a work permit you are not eligible for employment in this position.
The following job responsibilities for Data Analyst include:
What we do
IBM Algo’s Managed Data Service gathers, derives, stores and validates data needed by Algo’s various Risk Systems. It is this data that enables the modelling and simulation of all financial instruments from which we derive market/credit risk metrics. Our goal is to become the data provider for all the stakeholders that need this data.
What you will be doing
- Content validation - ensure the soundness of Market Data and Instrument Data used to model Equities, Fixed Income Instruments and Derivatives
- Ensure quality of market data time series used for Monte Carlo simulations
- Assist with regression testing of new product/platform releases – attributing which data element impacts computed theoretical/risk metrics
- Enhancing Financial Engineering specifications
- Liaising with Risk Consultants/Financial Engineers to diagnose/troubleshoot data issues
What we’re looking for
- Adept with all kinds of technology, comfortable in a Unix environment
- Understanding of Financial Risk Modelling and the role data plays in it
- A team player with strong communication skills (written and verbal)
- Proven organization skills
What you will take home
IBM Algo is a leading vendor of software and services for the financial risk management community. Our client base consist of hedge funds, pension funds and asset managers. What we do lies in the intersection of Mathematical Finance, Technology and Big Data and this role will give you the opportunity to immerge yourself in this world.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Experience with Windows and/or Linux operating systems
- Demonstrates verbal and written communications skills
- Co-op or internship program enrollment is mandatory
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
- Knowledge of IBM products
- Knowledge of the software development cycle
- Experience with various programming languages
- Understanding of software engineering
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Preferred Education:Pre-University Qualification