Core Software Developer - Coop (Toronto, ON)
Today, we are more than a hardware, software and services provider, yet we remain true to our heritage as a team of collaborative forward-thinkers, focused on making business and society work better. We are part of the fabric of everyday life and stand for world-changing progress.
What IBM Offers You?
- Work directly on product and services that affect our clients, while having access to cutting edge software technology
- Work on projects which are challenging and rewarding
- A business causal dress code and flexible work hours, to ensure work-life balance
- Access to Future Blue - IBM's large student community that provides networking opportunities, sporting and social events.
- Participating in the entire software development cycle by analyzing, designing, and developing new features and products.
- Solving complex business problems for our world-class client organizations
- Building new software using the latest Microsoft technologies including: Windows Azure, .NET Framework 4.5, ASP.NET MVC, WPF, WCF and WIF
- Opportunities to work with the latest Java-based technologies and frameworks including: Java 7, Play Framework
- Enhancing the functionality, performance, and scalability of our product suite
- Learning and contributing to products on a variety of architectures: cloud-based, RESTFul APIs, client-server, n-tier
- Using web-based and technologies, including HTML5, AJAX, jQuery, KnockoutJS, and Less.CSS to deliver great user experiences
- Using mobile technologies including Sencha Touch and GluJS to build products targeting Android and IOS devices
- Researching new technology and tools to improve our product and processes
This role will involve working with technology that is covered by embargo Export Regulations. If you are a Foreign National from any of the following embargoed countries (Cuba, Iran, North Korea, Sudan, and Syria) on a work permit, you are not eligible for employment in this position.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Working toward Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or equivalent
- Strong command of Object Oriented Design
- Software development experience using C#, Java, or C++
- Enthusiasm for technology and a desire to build great software
- An understanding of database theory
- Exceptional problem solving skills
- Experience with the software development life cycle
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Co-op or internship program enrollment is mandatory
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
- Proven ability to listen and communicate
- Passionate about testing and automation
- Self-motivated, independent worker and strong team member
- Proven ability to work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment.
- Have the ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a driven environment
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.