Computer Science High School Co-op - Summer (Markham, ON)
Change the world at IBM. There aren’t many companies who can say they have been an integral part of the global business landscape for more than a century. While the world has changed considerably over the past 100 years, IBM, our people and our offerings have continuously led the way with business and technology innovation.
Today, we are more than a hardware, software and services provider, yet we remain true to our heritage as a team of collaborative forward-thinkers, focused on making business and society work better. We are part of the fabric of everyday life and stand for world-changing progress.
Join a company where you can make an impact and literally change the world. With so many different opportunities available – the sky is the limit!
This position resides in Markham, Ontario and is a 2 months high school opportunity commencing July 2018.
What IBM Offers You?
- Work directly on product and services that affect our clients, while having access to cutting edge software technology
- Work on projects which are challenging, innovative and rewarding
- A business casual dress code and flexible work hours, to ensure work-life balance
- Access to the Future Blue Community - IBM’s large student community that provides networking opportunities, sporting and social events.
It is a mandatory requirement for students to apply online atwww.ibm.com/jobs .
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
Here is your opportunity to dive into the world of coding, head first.
You’ll be part of the team of programmers and data scientists behind CognitiveClass.ai, an IBM online learning initiative with almost one million students worldwide.
With our mentorship, you’ll be tasked with learning new emerging technology skills to code small projects related to the Internet of things (IoT), Data Science, Blockchain, and Artificial Intelligence.
You'll also document your learning to code experience and have an opportunity to demo your projects both offline and online (e.g., through blogging and social media).
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Passion for technology;
- Ability to quickly learn;
- Both self-reliance and ability to collaborate;
- A familiarity with programming.
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
- Ability to install and use WordPress;
- Expertise in Python, Ruby, or an equivalent programming language;
- Familiarity with Blockchain technology;
- Familiarity with Raspberry Pi;
- Familiarity with Amazon Alexa skill building;
- Blogging and social media experience (Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, etc.
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.