Commerce Insights Software Development - Internship (Markham, ON)
Are you a student of the world? Are you ready to build your career, not just your résumé? Do you think the world can work smarter? IBM is looking for people to work alongside the best and brightest minds in the world to build a smarter planet.
IBM is a globally integrated technology and consulting company headquartered in Armonk, New York. With operations in more than 170 countries, IBM attracts and retains some of the world's most talented people to help solve problems and provide an edge for businesses, governments and non-profits.
Today, IBM is focused on five growth initiatives - Cloud, Big Data and Analytics, Mobile, Social Business and Security. IBMers are working with customers around the world to apply the company's business consulting, technology and Research & Development expertise to enable systems of engagement that deliver dynamic insights for businesses and governments worldwide.
The following student position is a part of IBM Canada's EPIC (Employment Pathways to Interns & Co-ops) Student Program. This position is only open to students registered in a Canadian University or College program, who have completed a minimum of 2 years of their degree or diploma program, and who must be returning to full-time study upon the completion of the temporary IBM work term.
Commerce Insights is an innovative merchandising platform and is based on J2Enterprise Edition and AngularJS technology. The candidate will have exposure to this product, software stack (operating systems, databases, App Server, WebServer) and technology will provide the candidate with skills for their future.
*This Student Position resides in Markham, Ontario and is a 16 (internship) month work term commencing May 2017.
What IBM Offers You?
- Work directly on product and services that affect our clients, while having access to cutting edge software technology
- Work on projects which are challenging and rewarding
- A business causal dress code and flexible work hours, to ensure work-life balance
- Access to Future Blue - IBM's large student community that provides networking opportunities, sporting and social events.
It is a mandatory requirement for students to apply online at www.ibm.com/jobs including a (1) cover letter, (2) resume, and (3) official or unofficial transcripts.
The following job responsibilities for Commerce Insights Software Development - Internship (Markham, ON) include:
The candidate will be responsible for working as part of an agile scrum with a primary responsibility of functional verification and/or system/performance test which consists of:
- Working with architects and developers to define test coverage based on customer requirements and use cases.
- Installation and configuration of software stack and applications in various configurations and topologies.
- Execution of manual and automated test cases to validate capability/find defects and problem determination to narrow down the problem.
- Automation development of test scripts based in java for regression testing as well as inclusion in the product for delivery to customers.
- Opportunity to work on the development of test framework, infrastructure and new automation tooling.
- Potential to work on customization testing which consists of developing additional capability and evaluating the customizability of the product.
- Opportunity to work with developers to execute unit test cases.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise:
- Experience with Linux, Unix and data storage solutions
- Demonstrated ability to work with a group of peers
- Demonstrated software quality focus
- Demonstrates verbal and written communications skills
- Co-op or internship program enrollment is mandatory
Preferred Technical and Professional Experience:
- Knowledge of the software development cycle
- Experience with various programming languages
- Understanding of software engineering
This role will involve working with technology that is covered by embargo Export Regulations. If you are a Foreign National from any of the following embargoed countries (Cuba, Iran, North Korea, Sudan, Syria) on a work permit you are not eligible for employment in this position.
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.