Cognos Analytics Front-End Developer - Coop (Toronto, ON)
Change the world at IBM.
There aren't many companies who can say they have been an integral part of the global business landscape for more than a century. While the world has changed considerably over the past 100 years, IBM, our people and our offerings have continuously led the way with business and technology innovation.
Today, we are more than a hardware, software and services provider, yet we remain true to our heritage as a team of collaborative forward-thinkers, focused on making business and society work better. We are part of the fabric of everyday life and stand for world-changing progress.
Join a company where you can make an impact and literally change the world. With so many different opportunities available – the sky is the limit!
*This position resides in Toronto, ON and is a 4 (co-op) month work term commencing January 2019. It is mandatory that all applicants are enrolled in full-time studies at a post-secondary institution and returning to full-time studies upon completion of the work term.
What IBM Offers You?
- Work directly on product and services that affect our clients, while having access to cutting edge software technology
- Work on projects which are challenging, innovative and rewarding
- A business casual dress code and flexible work hours, to ensure work-life balance
- Access to the Future Blue Community - IBM's large student community that provides networking opportunities, sporting and social events.
It is a mandatory requirement for students to apply online at www.ibm.com/jobs.
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
- Working alongside our multidisciplinary team of developers and designers to create the next generation of Business Intelligence software
- Optimizing front-end code to ensure a consistent and fast experience for our users
- Implementing responsive cross-browser user experiences
- Developing software using an agile continuous delivery development process
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Familiarity with a variety of web frameworks and toolkits, and an understanding of their pros and cons, especially React
- Demonstrates verbal and written communications skills
- Co-op or internship program enrollment is mandatory
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
- Passion for keeping up-to-date with the latest web technologies and standards
- Experience handling data using XHR, JSON and Representational State Transfer (REST) APIs
- Ability to write unit tests and functional tests using popular frameworks such as Mocha, Jest, and Galen.
- Experience and knowledge of the nuances required in creating cross-browser web applications
- Knowledge of the software development cycle
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.