Cognitive Software Developer -Coop (Toronto, ON)
Change the world at IBM.
There aren't many companies who can say they have been an integral part of the global business landscape for more than a century. While the world has changed considerably over the past 100 years, IBM, our people and our offerings have continuously led the way with business and technology innovation.
Today, we are more than a hardware, software and services provider, yet we remain true to our heritage as a team of collaborative forward-thinkers, focused on making business and society work better. We are part of the fabric of everyday life and stand for world-changing progress.
Join a company where you can make an impact and literally change the world. With so many different opportunities available – the sky is the limit!
*This position resides in Toronto, ON and is a 4 (co-op) month work term commencing May 2019. It is mandatory that all applicants are enrolled in full-time studies at a post-secondary institution and returning to full-time studies upon completion of the work term.
What IBM Offers You?
- Work directly on product and services that affect our clients, while having access to cutting edge software technology
- Work on projects which are challenging, innovative and rewarding
- A business casual dress code and flexible work hours, to ensure work-life balance
- Access to the Future Blue Community - IBM's large student community that provides networking opportunities, sporting and social events.
- It is a mandatory requirement for students to apply online at www.ibm.com/jobs
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
This position is for the IBM Cognitive & Advanced Analytics Solutions team in Toronto.
Our team is looking for candidates with exceptional technical aptitude, a passion for engineering, and an interest in applied data science.
The successful candidate will join a small, fast paced consulting team, composed of Partners, Product Managers, Data Scientists, Architects and other Software Engineers to conceptualize, develop and deploy cognitive applications. As a team, we pride ourselves in tackling some of the most difficult business problems our clients face by bringing together subject matter expertise, data science, and implementation know-how.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Co-op or internship program enrollment is mandatory
- Currently enrolled in a bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field
- Software development experience coding in a general-purpose programming language
- Demonstrated ability to work as part of a cross-functional team through excellent communication skills
- General knowledge of database design and technologies
- A creative problem solver with a proactive work ethic
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
- Minimum of 2 work-terms in a software development role
- Demonstrated interest and ability to learn other coding languages and technologies as needed
- Interest in applied data science and keeping up with the latest advancements in software development
- Demonstrated experience in cloud computing, distributed systems, data engineering, database design, and/or web development
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.