Cloud Sales Support Specialist - Coop (Ottawa, ON)
Change the world at IBM. There aren’t many companies who can say they have been an integral part of the global business landscape for more than a century. While the world has changed considerably over the past 100 years, IBM, our people and our offerings have continuously led the way with business and technology innovation.
Today, we are more than a hardware, software and services provider, yet we remain true to our heritage as a team of collaborative forward-thinkers, focused on making business and society work better. We are part of the fabric of everyday life and stand for world-changing progress.
Join a company where you can make an impact and literally change the world. With so many different opportunities available – the sky is the limit!
*This position resides in Ottawa, Ontario and is a Co-op 8-month work term commencing May 7, 2018. It is mandatorythat all applicants are enrolled in full-time studies at a post-secondary institution and returning to full-time studies upon completion of the work term.
What IBM Offers You?
- Work directly on product and services that affect our clients, while having access to cutting edge software technology
- Work on projects which are challenging, innovative and rewarding
- A business casual dress code and flexible work hours, to ensure work-life balance
- Access to the Future Blue Community - IBM’s large student community that provides networking opportunities, sporting and social events.
It is a mandatory requirement for students to apply online atwww.ibm.com/jobs .
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
- Manage Daily Operations of Cloud Sales Support Desk(core responsibility) - provide support to the IBM Analytics Tech sellers, meet the same day response SLA, network with technical sellers, spot trends, and work collaborative to innovate.
- Create & Manage Support Documentation - build & maintain an FAQ of commonly asked questions and answers, create stand-alone documents to address technical Cloud Sales usage issues
- Contribute to Process & Technology Improvement - in the areas of Quality Control, content management (Box), and support desk automation
- Complete Small Projects - as assigned
This role will involve working with technology that is covered by embargo Export Regulations. If you are a Foreign National from any of the following embargoed countries (Cuba, Iran, North Korea, Sudan, Syria) on a work permit you are not eligible for employment in this position.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Co-op or internship program enrollment is mandatory
- Have high proficiency using email, web browsers and PCs (experience using a MAC is an asset)
- Possess efficiency with office applications, such as MS Word, PowerPoint & Excel, and social media concepts and tools to collaborate
- Be a self-starter, and learn new technologies quickly, with little or no guidance or training
- Have familiarity with business processes in a variety of sectors, in particular: Project & Process Management, Conflict Management & Issue Resolution
- Show persistence and look for alternatives when facing road blocks or difficult situations
- Multi-task and work effectively both independently and as a member of a team
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
- Have experience with databases, DB2, Oracle, MySQL
- Cloud Virtualization familiarity
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.