Cloud Operations Specialist - Internship (Ottawa, ON)
Change the world at IBM. There aren’t many companies who can say they have been an integral part of the global business landscape for more than a century. While the world has changed considerably over the past 100 years, IBM, our people and our offerings have continuously led the way with business and technology innovation.
Today, we are more than a hardware, software and services provider, yet we remain true to our heritage as a team of collaborative forward-thinkers, focused on making business and society work better. We are part of the fabric of everyday life and stand for world-changing progress.
Join a company where you can make an impact and literally change the world. With so many different opportunities available – the sky is the limit!
*This position resides in Ottawa, Ontario and is a 12 or 16 (internship) month work term commencing May 2018. It ismandatory that all applicants are enrolled in full-time studies at a post-secondary institution and returning to full-time studies upon completion of the work term.
What IBM Offers You?
- Work directly on product and services that affect our clients, while having access to cutting edge software technology
- Work on projects which are challenging, innovative and rewarding
- A business casual dress code and flexible work hours, to ensure work-life balance
- Access to the Future Blue Community - IBM’s large student community that provides networking opportunities, sporting and social events.
It is a mandatory requirement for students to apply online atwww.ibm.com/jobs .
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
Cloud Operations Specialist Intern
Ready to grow your career in the cloud? This is your chance to be part of a dynamic team of talented professionals who are supporting innovative, cloud-based analytics solutions within IBM. You’ll have the opportunity to contribute to shaping and honing our service offerings, as well as continuing to develop your technical skill set with the latest technologies.
The IBM Analytics Cloud Operations Specialist is a key role in the fast growing and dynamic IBM Analytics Solutions Cloud Delivery organization. This is a technical role supporting the internal infrastructure of our Analytics Solutions Software as a Service (SaaS) offerings, and involves working with customers, product management and development.
Primary Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Responding to SaaS customer issues related to the cloud environment, and working the corresponding tickets to resolution
- Collaborating with Customer Support to resolve complex customer issues that span application and cloud infrastructure
- Provision, deploy, test and document pre-production and production customer environments.
- Monitoring and responding to alerts that are generated on the components of our infrastructure and systems, including investigating for root cause and troubleshooting errors/issues
- Installing updates and patches as needed to ensure the health and integrity of our infrastructure and systems
- Developing and refining technical solutions to problems with provisioning, infrastructure, maintenance, and supportability
- Developing automation and a systematic approach to configuration, deployment and infrastructure maintenance and recovery
- Driving technical excellence and improvement across the organization, as well as across offerings
- Owning and driving the technical operations piece of initiatives and projects related to automation, improvement and integrity of systems and infrastructure.
Skills and Technologies utilized include:
- System administration, maintenance and troubleshooting on Microsoft Windows Server, Red Hat and CentOS-based Operating Systems
- Linux shell scripting and PowerShell for automation
- General understanding of hypervisors and virtualized environments (Xen, VMware)
- Software as a Service (SaaS) delivery
- Virtualized application and web servers, as well as related protocols like Hypertext Transfer Protocol (HTTP and HTTP Secure), Secure Sockets Layer (SSL), Transport Layer Security (TLS), and Secure File Transfer Protocol (SFTP)
- Single sign-on solutions and the Security Assertion Markup Language (SAML) 2.0 standard
- Network skills -understanding fundamentals with firewalls/load-balancing
- Verbal and written communication skills, internally and customer-facing
- Troubleshooting methodologies
We use a follow-the-sun support model between sites in Canada, Australia, Romania, and the US. The team will be expected to work with teams from other time zones and ensure that customer issues have continuous attention. Work hours are flexible and can vary, depending on the offering supported. At times the workload may require extra effort that involves working past the normal end-time for the day.
Participation in the maintenance activity is required of all Cloud Admins. Participation in an on-call rotation is also required, which involves being available some nights and weekends to work high priority issues.
This role will involve working with technology that is covered by embargo Export Regulations. If you are a Foreign National from any of the following embargoed countries (Cuba, Iran, North Korea, Sudan, Syria) on a work permit you are not eligible for employment in this position.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Bachelor's Degree in IT, Computer Science (OK in process)
- Knowledge/experience in server or system administration (Windows/Linux)
- Experience in a operations or technical support role (preferred)
- Experience in a cloud solution delivery role (preferred)
- Ability to troubleshoot and identify/document root cause analysis
- Understanding of backup technologies and solutions
- Experience in a 24/7 production environment
- Excellent communication skills
- Passion for client success
- Superior attention to details
- Excellent time management and prioritization
- Proficient at multi-tasking and proactive in work responsibilities
- Co-op or internship program enrollment is mandatory
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
- Knowledge/experience of databases like DB2, MySQL, Oracle, SQLServer, or MongoDB
- Knowledge/experience in system virtualization
- Knowledge/experience in networking and infrastructure administration
- Knowledge/experience in automation/scripting
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.