Capital Markets - Credit Risk Business Analyst - Coop (Toronto, ON)
Change the world at IBM.
There aren't many companies who can say they have been an integral part of the global business landscape for more than a century. While the world has changed considerably over the past 100 years, IBM, our people and our offerings have continuously led the way with business and technology innovation.
Today, we are more than a hardware, software and services provider, yet we remain true to our heritage as a team of collaborative forward-thinkers, focused on making business and society work better. We are part of the fabric of everyday life and stand for world-changing progress.
Join a company where you can make an impact and literally change the world. With so many different opportunities available – the sky is the limit!
*This position resides in Toronto, Ontario and is a 4-month work term commencing January 2019. It is mandatory that all applicants are enrolled in full-time studies at a post-secondary institution and returning to full-time studies upon completion of the work term.
What IBM Offers You?
- Work directly on product and services that affect our clients, while having access to cutting edge software technology
- Work on projects which are challenging, innovative and rewarding
- A business casual dress code and flexible work hours, to ensure work-life balance
- Access to the Future Blue Community - IBM's large student community that provides networking opportunities, sporting and social events.
It is a mandatory requirement for students to apply online at www.ibm.com/jobs
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
The Analyst will assist with testing and documentation of an integrated market and counterparty credit risk software solution from a business user perspective. The role requires demonstrated business and technical skills obtained from previous capital markets placements. This role has a strong emphasis on product design ensuring that regulatory and client requirements are understood, developed, tested and documented into sustainable product features.
- Design and create test cases for new software features.
- Identify functional bugs and work independently with developers for resolution.
- Interact with developers, integration engineers, financial engineers, and client implementation teams to help deliver best in class software solutions to our global client base.
- Understand regulatory and client requirements helping to design them into product requirements and specifications.
- Independently investigate and resolve client support issues.
- Guide new & existing client implementation teams on software functionality.
- Provide advice to clients on their implementation & customization requirements.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Co-op or internship program enrollment is mandatory
- Experience with credit or market risk management in derivative markets from a middle or front office perspective.
- Demonstrated communication skills.
- Data Management skills and attention to detail.
- Shows initiative and able to work independently.
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
- Knowledge of or experience with key market initiatives and upcoming mandatory regulatory requirements (XVA, FRTB, TRIM, etc).
- Experience working in a Unix environment.
- Demonstrated problem solving skills.
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.