Campus Talent Acquisition Partner
We live in a moment of remarkable change and opportunity. Data and technology are transforming industries, society, and even the workplace–by creating professions that didn't exist before the emergence of data, cloud, social, and mobile. As the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, IBM is a leader in this global transformation and just the place to continue your career.
As a Campus Talent Acquisition Partner (C-TAP) you will be guided by IBM's purpose – to be essential. Essential in your role as a C-TAP, you will align yourself with the Early Professional Hiring team, Campus Talent Partners, and Business Leaders to develop and deliver on a talent acquisition strategy that identifies and engages the top talent in the marketplace. The C-TAP role must be prepared to move quickly, to engage proactively, and to think strategically to deliver on crucial business commitments to our stakeholders.
Your goal is to source, attract, engage, and convert top university talent, representing IBM as the face of our opportunities on campus. You will manage a portfolio of leads, candidates, and events, ensuring a signature candidate experience, while fulfilling demand for top university talent.
- Work closely with selected universities, assist with organizing campus tours, and identify IBM stakeholders to join the tours at local campus events
- Drive the execution of the recruitment process, including, but not limited to, creating job postings, sourcing candidates, pre-screening resumes, phone screening candidates, and make recommendations to hiring managers
- Effectively communicate candidate value proposition through strategic storytelling and brand advocacy.
- Build and leverage external relationships with technical, diversity, professional associations, to help shape sourcing strategy and develop future talent pipelines.
- Execute diversity recruiting strategies to attract a diverse workforce to IBM by hiring the best talent from varied backgrounds, experiences and styles.
- Support candidates throughout all stages of the application and hiring process and ensure a signature candidate experience.
- Understand candidate career goals and consult with clients on how to successfully hire candidates from your targeted schools.
- Build strong, professional relationships with all of your clients, as well as external vendors and networking partners as/if required
- Effectively leverage social media tools in alignment with IBMs Social Media and Branding Strategy.
- Set high recruitment standards ensuring operational excellence and compliance.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Bachelor’s Degree in any discipline, although HR and CHRP designation preferred
- Minimum 5 years of demonstrated recruiting experience ideally in the technology sector with proven success in delivering results in a fast-paced, demanding high growth environment
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to juggle multiple demands.
- Proven ability to build and maintain candidate pipelines for both short and long term hiring needs.
- Strong written and oral communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively, comfortable presenting to large groups of people.
- Ability to learn and use new tools to collaborate and communicate more effectively.
- Strong Microsoft office skills, especially Excel and Powerpoint.
- Must be willing to travel up to 25% year round, with increasing intensity up to 100% in the fall season.
- Must possess a valid Driver’s License and have access to a vehicle for campus travel.
- Ability to travel within Canada and the United States
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
- Preferred 2+ years of experience in university recruiting.
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.